APPLEBEE'S

Options
Good Afternoon !
I was hoping to get a little advise from some fellow Team-Mates.
I am going to Apple-bee's tonight for Dinner.
Does anyone have any good suggestions ?

Replies

• addean1
    addean1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Lemon Parmesan shrimp- yum!!! 490 cal per serving!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Some type of burger with cold beer to wash it down.
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    They have an under 550 cal section on the menu, you can swap out the potatoes for more veggies.

I like the 7oz sirloin and shrimp myself....
  • g0tr00t
    g0tr00t Posts: 192
    Options
    If I go out to eat, I look for the lowest sodium meal, avoid red meat and I don't eat the bread they put on the table. I usually go for a chicken breast with minimal seasoning and HUGE salad with dressing on the side.

Calories are one thing, its the sodium that kills me.

read this and you'll see how sick the sodium content is on some meals...
    http://www.applebees.com/~/media/docs/Applebees_Nutritional_Info.pdf
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I typically get a 7 oz house sirloin with garlic mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables. They seriously have THE.BEST.MASHED.POTATOES.EVER.

I went to their website and calculated it for ya'. 560 calories of deliciousness.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    They have an under 550 cal section on the menu, you can swap out the potatoes for more veggies.

I like the 7oz sirloin and shrimp myself....

I just had this on Tuesday. It was great! I ate the potatoes though.
  • lnickell23
    lnickell23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.. I was looking for the calories etc. and I saw many of them , so I didnt know which one ?
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If you want to take a look at calorie counts before you go, try this website. It's geared toward WW followers, but also has the calorie counts, fat, fiber, sodium, carbs ,etc that you would track in your food journal through MFP.

http://www.dwlz.com/PHP/restaurants.php?ID=applebees
  • lady6starlight
    lady6starlight Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    When you go to Applebee's, only order water with your meal. Their food is really salty. Before I even cared about my diet, I went to one in Brooklyn and ate some fries and a quesadilla burger. It was so full of sodium that my mouth hurt for a few days afterward. The sugary lemonade did NOT help this problem.

As for the food choices, if you stick to items that don't have too much going on (i.e. a steak and a side) you should be fine.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I use to work there, their lower calories menu is filled with sodium just an FYI.

However when I worked there and was in a hurry and forgot my lunch, I'd order the roasted garlic sirloin or the blackened tilapia.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I've had almost everything on the under 550 menu. All pretty good. My favorites are the steak w/shrimp, the garlic steak and the jalapeno shrimp.
  • jodynolte
    jodynolte Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I typically get a 7 oz house sirloin with garlic mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables. They seriously have THE.BEST.MASHED.POTATOES.EVER.

I went to their website and calculated it for ya'. 560 calories of deliciousness.

This. Is. The. Best.
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Applebees is my "cheat day" destination. I get the Appetizer Sampler with the Quesadilla Towers, the Sliders and the Wonton Tacos.
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    If I go out to eat, I look for the lowest sodium meal, avoid red meat and I don't eat the bread they put on the table. I usually go for a chicken breast with minimal seasoning and HUGE salad with dressing on the side.

Calories are one thing, its the sodium that kills me.

read this and you'll see how sick the sodium content is on some meals...
    http://www.applebees.com/~/media/docs/Applebees_Nutritional_Info.pdf

^^This^^ I was so proud of the lean menu item I chose (some chicken dish - which was delicious) from the under 550 calories and it had double that in sodium. WOW. I'd stick with a salad like item (with some chicken breast plain) and bring your own dressing if you can.
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    they have a great weight watcher and low cal menu
  • Niki0885
    Niki0885 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Anything from the 550 cal menu but I love the steak with garlic and herb shrimp with the vegetables :)
  • boulinoute
    boulinoute Posts: 41
    Options
    7oz Sirloin & Veggies. So good!!!!! [& "diet" friendly]
    (swap out potatos for more veggies)
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Steak with brocolli :) Yum!