One year and almost 70lbs. pics

Options

Replies

• ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    What a new you!! You look amazing and so proud of who you are ..........puts a smile on my face and gives me hope because I started 3 weeks ago at 253 and now to 243 so I read your story and see it is possible:)
  • wildecat1
    wildecat1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    68 pounds in one year is AMAZING!! You should be very proud!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Crazy amazing...Who is that HOTTIE there!! WOW...Happy Anniversary!
  • ashandloggiesmom
    ashandloggiesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well that is a success story to me! 70 lbs is amazing, you look great and I bet you feel even better!
  • OhLibra
    OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great. Keep up the great work.
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Amazing story, great transformation, and you definitely realize the "right" benefits!!!!! You look awesome!
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Be proud, you've accomplished a lot and you look great. Congratulations to you
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Amazing job ~ what a transformation! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    Great job! Your story made me cry. I was once very fit and told myself I wouldn't be the fat mom. Now after 14 years of being the fat mom I've decided to change. I too hired a trainer. Best choice ever! I even gave up diet dr pepper so I could afford to pay for her. Every time I eat her words are in my head....food is fuel and nothing more! Keep up the great work and thanks for posting!
  • blueeyez1727
    blueeyez1727 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    you look like a completely different person! CONGRATS! you'll get over this plateau, you can do it! you look fantastic!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Well now you have to rethink your screen name because you are certainly NOT pudgy anymore! You look great!
  • amyloutoyou
    amyloutoyou Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Happy dance for you!! We never do finish this journey. You are a success right now. Looking good!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    amazing job! you have beautiful eyes as well!
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!
  • Brittanyjoy89
    Brittanyjoy89 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    you look seriously amazing!!! 70 POUNDS is a HUGE amount and you should be incredibly proud to have lost that in a year, beauty!
  • DUCKIEGYRL
    DUCKIEGYRL Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • SouthernGuns
    Options
    I had hoped to be able to write my success story before the 1 year mark but unfortunately I still haven’t reached my goal. So instead I am posting my 1 year progress and hopes for the future.
    I have been stuck at a plateau now for about three months which has become frustrating but I have come so far that I have not lost hope.
    On July 12, 2012 I had decided that enough was enough. I was on a couple different high blood pressure meds, I had constant knee and back pain. I couldn’t sleep, my own snoring and what I believe was sleep apnea, waking me up regularly. At 243lbs I was absolutely miserable. I wouldn’t leave my house except to go to work. I wouldn’t go to my kids’ school activities for fear of people I knew seeing me. I had always been overweight but I wasn’t myself any more.
    I started slowly, mostly walking and trying weight loss shakes. The weight loss shakes only lasted about 2 weeks as I decided I didn’t like drinking most of my meals. Then I joined a gym and hired my personal trainer, Hali. She was my miracle. She introduced me to MFP, and told me to log everything. I logged my food, read forums, learned about proper nutrition, met so many wonderful encouraging people on MFP and worked with Hali regularly. I found other ways to exercise that kept me interested, and found out that eating some of the things I loved in moderation wasn’t a sin or a failure on my part and slowly was able to change my lifestyle.
    I had so many wonderful moments along the way but one of the best was when my 7 year old daughter hugged me around the waist and said, “Mommy, I can hug you more now! My arms go all the way around!” I almost cried. She loved that I was able to carry her up the stairs to bed, when for so long knee and back pain and my own weight kept me from carrying her anywhere. She loves that I go swimming, biking, and walking with her now. My life is finally what it should be. The best part of my weight loss isn’t the smaller clothes, the admiring looks from strangers, or even the health benefits. For me the best part of my weight loss is becoming a person again, participating in life, and seeing the happiness in my children because mommy is right there with them now. I am so happy now that I wish I had been strong enough to have done this years ago.
    Now for the part that everyone looks for. I wouldn’t post my before pictures on my profile for so long because I was ashamed. Now I am proud to show people where I started, and that I was strong enough to get this far, and I’m not done yet! I would like to lose roughly another 25 lbs but as long as I am strong and healthy we will see where I end up.

Before 243 - one year ago
    Front_zps9a0ec47d.jpg

Side_zps99dca518.jpg

Today 176
    176july2013_zps7822b1cf.jpg

176-2july2013_zps5d138570.jpg

you look fantastic!!
  • LittleHungryGurl
    LittleHungryGurl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oh Wow,your story is my story and it brought tears to my eyes.You are beautiful and you give me hope.:flowerforyou:
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    All your hard work has definitely paid off!! You look great!!
  • jennymendiola
    jennymendiola Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! you look GREAT!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!