Newbie excited to be here!

Options
I have just joined the site today and am excited about. I am interested in getting healthier all around, mentally, physically, emotionally, etx.

I had gastric bypass surgery 9 years ago. I went from 500 lbs to an all time low of 230. I have regained 50 pounds. I never really learned how to eat in a healthy way, just rode the wave of weightloss from the surgery. Now I am ready to get to the bottom of my eating disorder, deal with things as they are now, and work towards the life I want to have.

I am particularly interested in eating whole foods/organic/less processed food. Also in increasing my exercise. Currenly I walk my dogs each weekday morning, 1 1/2 miles, 30 minutes at a moderate pace. I try to do some power walking but I have bad knees and sometimes have to slow down a bit. I want to incorporate strength training, stretching (such as yoga), swimming, and riding my three wheel bike.

Looking forward to getting to know folks on here!

Replies

• hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are taking a great step towards your goals. Congrats on your weight loss with the surgery. I think it is amazing and also very important to learn to eat healthy and live an active lifestyle. Feel free to friend me. :wink:
  • churchchipmunk
    churchchipmunk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!!! Your excitement is my excitement!!!! Feel free to add me as a friend. The more encouragement we can all give one another the happier the day!!!!
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

You made the first giant step in joining MFP

Add me as a friend if you wish.
    I can only do minimal exercise as well as I also have bad knees with a bad back and hip

I walk my dog about 30 mins a day

Welcome again.l
  • Ruthie1970
    Ruthie1970 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
    ive been on here for 20 days
    down 12 lbs.
    I just love mfp. :wink:
  • toneysgirl1
    Options
    Good morning,

I am also a newbie, I joined yesterday. I am also looking to become an all around healthier person. I look forward to transforming my body and mind. So I look forward to the success to come. If you would like to add me that would be great. Good luck and great job getting started. We can sweat away the lbs. together.
  • Findingme40
    Findingme40 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too. I love your user name. I too have decided it is time to get healthy. I want to be around to see and enjoy my grandchildren. Which hopefully is a long way off. This is a great site! We can do this together.
  • hep26000
    Options
    One word of advice for you and the other newbies is to change your settings to make your diary open to your friends. It really helps to make you accountable, and for your friends to give any insight to what you are eating and how you can possibly do better. It also helps give me ideas on food I want to eat. hehe :)
    Happy logging!
  • CatzEyez77
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I joined over a year ago, but never used MFP's tools productively. Just got started back this week.

We can motivate each other! :)
  • HappyMommy0403
    Options
    Newbie here too! Welcome! The first step is the hardest, right :) Feel free to friend me! I'm happy to provide encouragement and could use some accountability myself, too!
  • BlessedBe23
    BlessedBe23 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    One word of advice for you and the other newbies is to change your settings to make your diary open to your friends. It really helps to make you accountable, and for your friends to give any insight to what you are eating and how you can possibly do better. It also helps give me ideas on food I want to eat. hehe :)
    Happy logging!

Not sure how to make it publc. I'll search the settings, but if you could chime in with a how to I would appreciate it
  • BlessedBe23
    BlessedBe23 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I figured it out! I'm public now :blushing:
  • bevkaysmith
    bevkaysmith Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me .. I need more friends to keep me going!! Thanks!!!
    :love: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • hep26000
    Options
    I figured it out! I'm public now :blushing:

Yay!!!
  • Melina48
    Melina48 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi & welcome! I've been on here off an on for a while now (unfortunately never more than a few weeks), so I'm considering myself a "newbie" as well since it's going to be an ACTUAL attempt to make a few changes haha!

Nice job taking control of your needs, it sounds like you are super motivated, 23!
  • JessieNeutronGirlGenius
    Options
    Congrats! That is great! Welcome! Please feel free to add me also!