Nike + Running App

Options
Hey everyone!

I'm looking for more motivated/dedicated friends to join me on the Nike + Running app!! Add me at Jenna_McCormick if you are using it! I could use some competition!! Thanks :)

Replies

• RVerma13
    RVerma13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Added you as a friend... RVerma13
    Keep Running...
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    sent request

mojo724

if there are others.
  • ljdborton
    ljdborton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I saw this app onmy Iphone...how exactly does it work...sounds like fun! and I would love some help/encouragement as I am running :)
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm looking for more motivated/dedicated friends to join me on the Nike + Running app!! Add me at Jenna_McCormick if you are using it! I could use some competition!! Thanks :)

I'm at work and can't get on while I'm here. My user name is CeloTX on there.
  • mreeves261
    Options
    I saw this app onmy Iphone...how exactly does it work...sounds like fun! and I would love some help/encouragement as I am running :)

Pull it up and just hit run. It works on GPS outdoors and acceleration on the treadmill. It's pretty nifty. Particularly if you end up with a bunch of friend as I have recently. My goal is to end the month in the top 10 but I don't think that's going to happen, i have some pretty seasoned runners as friends.
  • Spikethered
    Spikethered Posts: 108
    Options
    Anyone can add me too , Scouser1
    Thanks
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    if youre the only Jenna_McCormick, then i think i added you...

schoggifroeschli here :-)
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options

Pull it up and just hit run. It works on GPS outdoors and acceleration on the treadmill. It's pretty nifty. Particularly if you end up with a bunch of friend as I have recently. My goal is to end the month in the top 10 but I don't think that's going to happen, i have some pretty seasoned runners as friends.
    or get the foot pod (Nike+ shoe sensor) and it will beeven more accurate (GPS is lousy where i run).

as for being in the top 10 - i've come up with the strategy to just delete anyone who runs more :-p nah, i'm not quite that vain....
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Anyone here, please feel free to add me my nike+ is Dipak49ers

I run with the nike+ sport watch and the fuel band.
  • mreeves261
    Options

or get the foot pod (Nike+ shoe sensor) and it will beeven more accurate (GPS is lousy where i run).

as for being in the top 10 - i've come up with the strategy to just delete anyone who runs more :-p nah, i'm not quite that vain....

That's a good idea.... Although I'd hate to have to delete you since I'm chasing you at the moment. :laugh:

I had already invested in a foot pod, HRM and speed cadence sensor to go with another app before I found Nike+. Not quite ready to make that investment yet. I have found though my GPS seems to be fairly accurate in my area.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Add me Calliope610

And here is a long standing thread for Nike+ friends. Make sure you go to the end of the thread for the most recent/active runners.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/689201-i-need-nike-running-friends

I use Nike+ on my iPod and use the shoe sensor. I don't have the mapping function, but the GPS seems to track my distance and pace fairly accurately.
  • ljdborton
    ljdborton Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Thankyou!!! I will try it today for my 5 o clock run!!!!:) how exciting!
  • quiqui29
    quiqui29 Posts: 42
    Options
    Can you download it to an android phone because I dont have an Iphone.I bought some Nike Icarus and I dont know if these shoes have a nike sensor.
  • mreeves261
    Options
    Can you download it to an android phone because I dont have an Iphone.I bought some Nike Icarus and I dont know if these shoes have a nike sensor.

You can download it for Android I believe. The sensor will be sold separately from the shoes. The shoes you bought might have the "pocket" in them for the sensor to be inserted but I doubt they have the sensor in them.
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Add me too tlcak
  • jmccorm_88
    jmccorm_88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Now I have more than 3 friends to run against!!! haha
  • katpatoneill
    katpatoneill Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Add me too! Katpatoneill! I might as well mention I'm terrible- I killed my knee two months ago and I'm slowly easing back into it, but I'd love to support. :) I'll add you!
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me too. I am in week 7 of the C25K program now. User name is Mike_Rose46
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    How do I add people or tell you my user name? I don't know where to find that on my app...but I would LOVE to have more friends on mine!!
  • naturallyme36
    naturallyme36 Posts: 155 Member
    Options

THIS