Cellulite, schmellulite!

Options
Hello everyone!

I am writing this to anyone who has had to deal with that awful problem - CELLULITE! After years of eating greasy, deep fried, and fast food I had realized just how much cellulite had appeared on my body. I had never had that before. Before I knew it, my legs resembled the texture of cottage cheese (and lets not mention my butt....).

I want to let everyone know here that my experience in getting rid of cellulite has its ups and downs.

I tried EVERYTHING! Spa treatments, massage treatments, creams, gels, powders, dry brushing, etc. - none of that worked. Getting rid of cellulite isn't going to happen with an oil or cream. I am certainly not claiming that I am expert on cellulite, but I have found a few things that work and I want to share with everyone!

1. Stop eating greasy foods! I cut these out and saw a dramatic change in my cellulite.
2. STRENGTH TRAIN! I concentrated on strength training my legs and butt specifically for a long time.
3. Do some dry brushing: take a hard bristled spa brush and give your cellulite a good scrub once a week to get the blood flowing. I feel that when I did this it really helped the appearance of the cellulite in combination with diet and exercise.
4. It's not all about weight loss. Skinny girls have cellulite too. If cellulite does bother you (like it bothers me) just do a combo of the steps above.

Of course, my cellulite hasn't totally been banished from my body and I am okay with that. I have just started using MFP to lose that final 15 pounds but have tried many different diets in the past. I am telling you - the only way to get rid of cellulite for good is to get off your butt, do your cardio, strength train, and no more greasy foods.

Hope this helps - remember I am no expert on cellulite... just sharing some tips on what REALLY worked for me.

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Lots of water too! Hydration keeps the skin healthy in general, so it doesn't hurt to push the agenda, lol.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I am writing this to anyone who has had to deal with that awful problem - CELLULITE! After years of eating greasy, deep fried, and fast food I had realized just how much cellulite had appeared on my body. I had never had that before. Before I knew it, my legs resembled the texture of cottage cheese (and lets not mention my butt....).

I want to let everyone know here that my experience in getting rid of cellulite has its ups and downs.

I tried EVERYTHING! Spa treatments, massage treatments, creams, gels, powders, dry brushing, etc. - none of that worked. Getting rid of cellulite isn't going to happen with an oil or cream. I am certainly not claiming that I am expert on cellulite, but I have found a few things that work and I want to share with everyone!

1. Stop eating greasy foods! I cut these out and saw a dramatic change in my cellulite.
    2. STRENGTH TRAIN! I concentrated on strength training my legs and butt specifically for a long time.
    3. Do some dry brushing: take a hard bristled spa brush and give your cellulite a good scrub once a week to get the blood flowing. I feel that when I did this it really helped the appearance of the cellulite in combination with diet and exercise.
    4. It's not all about weight loss. Skinny girls have cellulite too. If cellulite does bother you (like it bothers me) just do a combo of the steps above.

Of course, my cellulite hasn't totally been banished from my body and I am okay with that. I have just started using MFP to lose that final 15 pounds but have tried many different diets in the past. I am telling you - the only way to get rid of cellulite for good is to get off your butt, do your cardio, strength train, and no more greasy foods.

Hope this helps - remember I am no expert on cellulite... just sharing some tips on what REALLY worked for me.

:huh:
    I am pretty sure when body fat is reduced, the appearance of cellulite does too and I don't think anybody has to stop eating greasy foods in order to achieve lower body fat.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

:huh:
    I am pretty sure when body fat is reduced, the appearance of cellulite does too and I don't think anybody has to stop eating greasy foods in order to achieve lower body fat.

This^. I wonder how much of OP's cellulite loss was due to working out more and eating fewer calories (as a result of cutting out greasy foods, which are typically higher in cals) than JUST the act of eliminating greasy foods.

Cellulite is genetic. Some ppl are more prone to it than others. Plenty of people who have it don't eat greasy food, and plenty of people who DON'T have it do eat greasy food.
  • maheenahmed14661
    Options
    I know how it feels when you have cellulite and you cant do anything to get rid of it. It is important to understand what really causes cellulite before you make any decision. Cellulite is not a skin issue it is rather a muscle fiber issue. You need highly targeted exercises to simulate these muscles so that you can get rid of it. Learn more about it http://exercise-for-cellulite.blogspot.com