71 lbs lighter with pics

Options
lisa77marie
lisa77marie Posts: 46 Member
I've struggle with my weight for the past 16 years. I've been over 200 lbs for most of that time and have yo-yo dieted for years. I finally got to the point that I got sick and tired of being fat. I was tired of making excuses and feeling tired and miserable.

I made a choice to change my life in June 2011. My all time high weight was 252 lbs. The first picture here shows me (on the right in black) at that weight in June 2011. This was at my step-daughters baby shower. It was during the summer and outside and extremely hot. I squeeze my fat into some hot spandex "slimming" leggings and tank top underneath my 2X sized dress. I was so miserable and hated going to social functions because I was so fat. I didn't want to see people this way, especially old friends who knew me when I was thin.

FATPIC_zps4d663273.jpg

Here's some more fat pictures of me.

458f25d6-c3e2-49e0-aefd-a0a98e083fb0_zps8db92a4f.jpg

FATPIC4_zps61555154.jpg

It's taken a long time and I'm still not to goal. However, with persistence and never giving up, as of today I'm down 71 lbs. I feel so much better about myself. I went to my step-daughters second baby shower and received so many compliments. The ex-wife even said I looked great and her husband said he didn't even recognize me at first.

Here's two recent photos at my current weight.

lisa_zps9b7d785f.jpg

skinnypic_zps6d7a3d49.jpg

The moral of the story is, first, you have to be ready to change. It isn't a quick fix and it's a lifestyle change. Today, I make smarter choices. I don't eat fast food every night, but if I do eat out, I choose a grilled chicken sandwich without mayo, vs. the quarter pounder and fries. Second moral is to never give up. My favorite quote is from Dory the Fish from Finding Nemo "just keep swimming." If you give up, you'll never get to where you're going.

Last, it is true that nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. I am getting attention again, which is a nice feeling after being "invisible" for many years.

Hope this inspires you to "just keep swimming."

Love, Lisa

Replies

• kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    Thanks for the post. You look great. I rely on new posts to help keep me "swimming". My favorite quote is from my trainer. Food is fuel, nothing more.
  • 1harleymama1
    1harleymama1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! I don't think it took a long time to get off all the weight-- I think it was the perfect amount of time. You know that you didn't put it all on overnight so you can't expect to take it off so quickly. Also, you're more likely to keep it off when it is a slower and steady weight loss. Seems like you really made a life style change. Congratulations on your beautiful transformation.
  • lisa77marie
    lisa77marie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I guess two years really isn't that long. I lived being fat for 16 years after all. :laugh:
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Looking good :flowerforyou:
  • dona000
    dona000 Posts: 70
    Options
    Great job! I love the Dory quote and the "nothing tastes as good as being thin" :happy:
  • dona000
    dona000 Posts: 70
    Options
    Sorry I know Dory didn't say that quote...
  • onlyhalfcrazy
    onlyhalfcrazy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT HONEY!! I AM DOWN ABOUT 55 LBS AND I HAVE 10 MORE TO GO. I HAVE USED THAT SAME QUOTE, "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS" I USE TO HAVE IT POSTED ON MY ELIPTICAL MACHINE :) KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!
  • mimstero
    mimstero Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. Congrats!
  • angawilson
    angawilson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thanks for the success story. :flowerforyou:
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And thanks for the inspiration. You look great!
  • Wmy890
    Wmy890 Posts: 12
    Options
    Congrats, fantastic.
  • jetaylor63
    jetaylor63 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Your progress is wonderful and you're looking great. Thanks for sharing. It helps all the rest of us too. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!