Strength Training and Weights ....

Options
I used to go to gyms a lot, but haven't been for a few yrs, and can't afford the membership now. I want to incorporate some weight based arm and leg exercises into my routine. I have severe arthritis in my knees so I have to take that into consideration. A recommendation for a website or just detailed suggestions would be great. I'm using free weights so machine exercises won't help. I found a few online, but need a bigger base.

Thanks, KIM

Replies

• YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Since you already have the weights, I can't recommend the workout DVD ChaLEAN Extreme highly enough. It helped me go from a size 14 to a size 6 in less than 90 days. Without it, I wouldn't have any clue what to do with the free weights.
    Message me for more info if you like.
    Risa
  • mmmpink
    Options
    There are a few good DVDs you could try. Beachbody and Jillian Michaels both have good ones.
    Also, magazines like Shape and Women's Health have different routines in their magazine each month.
    :)
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    Hi again
    I have severe arthritis in my knees and have found using simple exercise bands very helpful. The ones I use come in different strengths - I use the weakest one which is meant for invalids/recovery patients - the brand I use is called Dyna-Band comes with a booklet with some pretty useful exercises that anyone can do. They're reasonably cheap probably about 10/15 bucks (rough conversion from what I paid in the UK. )
    Hope you get something that works for you
    J