How to get rid of the Bloat?

Options
Hi All-

I have been on MFP for years, but just started using it religiously again about 2 weeks ago. I have begun working out 3 times a week and walking 3 days a week. My eating has been up and down due to the holiday, traveling, etc but generally speaking my diet has improved immensely sine before, HOWEVER, I can't seem to get rid of my bloat? I look like I am having a baby! It wasn't like this before I started the regimen and was wondering if anyone has had this problem or knows of something I may be doing to add/cause this?

My weight dropped a little, I am healthier... but My pants won't even fit! grrr.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Natlaie

Replies

• cseckinger1
    Options
    Make sure you really cut out your salt. I squeeze a fresh lemon in water every morning when I'm bloated & continue to drink lemon water throughout the day. Also, make a big pot of cabbage soup w/celery & onions, mushrooms, no salt & eat it all day. That will really clean you out. Good luck.
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking lots of water, and be sure to get enough fiber, too.
  • janegeraldine
    janegeraldine Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I tend to bloat easily as well. What I do, is watch salt like a hawk, drink plenty of water, and get lots of fiber. I also find that I am less bloaty in the morning if I don't snack after supper. Usually I have a serving or two of fruit in the evening, but nothing with salt and certainly no junk foods. I find that if I truly follow all these guidelines the bloat dissipates in a few days.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Drink lot of water and cut salt from your diet. I used to add salt to my food until I realize that the salt is absorbing the water from my body and makes me look pregnant too. So no more salt for me and more water.
  • cassiek0lba
    cassiek0lba Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am the SAME WAY. I am so uncomfortable i'm so bloated. I'm losing weight but my clothes don't fit any better because I'm retaining water like a beached whale!!
    I drink tons of water. I thought maybe that was the reason why I was so bloated. But I guess that's not the case.
    I need to watch my salt, but as far as I'm concerned my fiber is fine.
    Let me know if something works out for you because i'm strugglin!
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Drink more water....limit sodium/increase potassim.....lemon and pineapples are good for bloat too.
  • savagecorey2
    savagecorey2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Maybe consider eating raw for a few days. I try to do it once a month and it helps me :)
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Make sure you really cut out your salt. I squeeze a fresh lemon in water every morning when I'm bloated & continue to drink lemon water throughout the day. Also, make a big pot of cabbage soup w/celery & onions, mushrooms, no salt & eat it all day.

That will really clean you out.

As well as clear out any room you happen to be in too, I suspect!! :o