Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I updated & add the walking options for treadmill users

I want to thank all who responded to me yesterday trying to figure out other options for walking. Today Im off & since it's raining. I got on the treadmill this morning testing most speeds & inclines. I figured out how to add to cardio for more options of walking. I love to go outside & walk but on rainy days & winter coming in months, I need the treadmill. I spent time on most speeds & added them to the site. I love doing the inclines, you will feel your butt & stomach melt. I have a routine & switch off between regular walking then switch to incline..Its a good workout.

Hope this helps for all treadmill users.

Lynda

Replies

• suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    I agree.

I keep hearing about how walking for a couple minutes fast, then slow down, then incline a lot, then a little etc. etc. is suppose to be great.
    I'm trying it.
    I got a work out like that from a magazine and I cut it out and taped it on my treadmill and I've been following it for a week now. Hopefully this will blow the 'plateau' I'm on apart!
    I have not gained or lost any weight in 2 months now. wth?

If you want a copy of the work out let me know and I'll put in on here.
    Good luck to you.
  • Hi Suzieblues I would love to get a copy of that workout, I'm a treadmill user and I intensify my workout with intervals I walk, run, speed walk, and do inclines usually 5.5 incline. I just go back and forth between all of these to get a good workout..

Thanks Toni
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    0 - 2 -- 2.5 - 0
    2 - 4 -- 2.8 - 2
    4 - 5 -- 3.0 - 4
    5 - 7 -- 3.2 - 4
    7 - 8 -- 3.5 - 8
    8 - 10 -- 1.2 - 10
    10 - 12 -- 3.5 - 10
    12 - 13 -- 4.0 - 5
    13 -15 -- 3.2 - 2
    15 - 17 -- 1.2 - 10
    17 -18 -- 1.2 - 2
    18 -20 -- 1.2 - 2
    20 - 21 -- 3.5 - 4
    21 - 23 -- 1.2 - 10
    23 - 25 -- 3.2 - 4
    25 -26 -- 3.5 - 10
    26 - 28 -- 3.0 - 6
    28 - 30 -- 2.5 - 2

Okay, here's how the numbers work:
    The first number is the minutes where you start, for example you see the first number is 0 then - 2. That means from 0 minute to 2 minutes; then the number after the 2 is the speed of your treadmill and the next number is the incline number.

SO the first row of numbers would mean: Start at 0, go 2 minutes, at 2.5 speed on a 0 incline.
    The next row would mean: From the second minute to the forth minute, the speed is 2.8 and the incline is set on 2.
    The next row would mean: From the forth minute to the fifth minute going 3.0 speed, and the incline at 4.

I know this is kind of a complicated way to do it so if you have any questions please let me know and I will try to make it clearer.
    The whole thing will go for 30 minutes. (kicks my butt!)

I would suggest that you write it all down on a small piece of paper and put it near your treadmill so you can follow it. The magazine also had a plan if you did not have a treadmill; it was kind of the same thing only walking in place and squats etc.

Good luck to you
  • Thanks...Im going to try this:smile:
  • How does everyone log this treadmill workout?
  • Thanks for the info

Tone
  • mpos
    mpos Posts: 55
    BUMP! thanks.
  • fatpoppy
    fatpoppy Posts: 36 Member
    Logging in my treadmill walking, I just put it against "walking" and the number e.g. 4.0 brisk pace. I have discovered however that my treadmill tells me I used up less calories than the Walking does on the exercise listing here.

Any ideas please.