I'm doing it and succeeding!

Options
I’m doing it and succeeding!

Most stories on here start the same way. I was big right from birth weighing in at 10 lbs. I was never a skinny kid. I maintained my weight at about 180 lbs for years and I was ok with that. I looked good and felt good. I was a “healthy” fat person even though that sounds wrong. I never had high blood pressure or cholesterol. I was never on the edge of getting diabetes. I was at a good point then I hurt my back in 2004. I was in so much pain for years to come. I was depressed and ate to try to take the pain away not knowing that I was only making it worse. I have had 4 surgeries on my lumbar back and gained more than 100 lbs. I was not able to do anything with the pain I was in. Now after the last surgery I had I feel better, the pain is not as intense as it was for all those years. I am now able to walk for longer periods of time. I can control what I put into my body because the depression is better. So now I walk daily, log my food and make better choices. I have lost about 55 lbs and I am half way to my goal of losing the 109 lbs to get back to the 180 lbs I was.

I have had bumps in the road trying to find what works best for me. I eat…trust me I eat. 1800+ calories a day. I workout almost daily and I lose about a lb a week which is very good for me. I want to lose it slow and steady like I put it on. I’m sure if I cut down to 1200 calories a day I would lose it a lot faster but it’s not a race for me, it’s about making changes in my daily routine that I will stick with for the rest of my life.

I weigh in once a month. I do not let that evil scale get the best of me. I have had a lot of NSV that keep me motivated. I have gone from a size 24-26 pant size to a 16 (some 14’s fit now). I went from a 3X shirt to an XL. My latest NSV is I can wrap a normal size bath towel around me and it covers me.

Whatever your story is, whatever made you join MFP, remember that you have to be happy with yourself while doing this. It’s not easy, it gets frustrating, but you made the hardest step and joined which means deep down you want to make a change.

Everyone on here is super supportive and I am grateful to you all. Without you guys it would be a long boring road.

5a8d3dd0-c446-4c8a-b251-9b9680510941_zps3558fbea.jpg
left pic is 280, Right at 235

071d1135-1b85-44a4-99fa-2077499b6282_zps3949d5a9.jpg
ATV ride through rainforest in PR on my honeymoon in 2012 (my highest weight 289)

51fd3c6a-abf0-44ce-a7c3-741a1f1ac9f9_zps2a900c10.jpg
about 240 in this pic. Sorry for my dogs butt in this picture :tongue:

Replies

• 2kidsandatrip
    2kidsandatrip Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You have done a wonderful job and your words are so inspiring. I only lose about a pound a week and at times it frustrated me, but reading your words reminds me that it's okay to only lose that 1 pound a week. I love your NSV's, they are fabulous and I can't wait till I can wrap a normal towel around me (something I haven't been able to do since I was a teenager). Thank you for sharing your stories and pictures.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you've taken time to celebrate how great you're doing..and what a success you already are. You look great..and I can't wait to see your picture when you're at goal.
  • BadassCrossfitMama
    BadassCrossfitMama Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You're so inspirational! Keep up the fabulous work you look great!!!
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    Thank you for posting this, I need to learn that it IS OKAY to only lose 1 lb a week, not lose it so quickly. Thank you, and your story is amazing, what you overcame.
  • Iloveeyore78
    Iloveeyore78 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You are doing incredible and I am SO SO SO proud of you! It has been a long crazy road since we met in the pool 5 years ago. I love watching you on your path and see you kicking @ss everyday! YOU inspire me and really impress me with your commitment and dedication! Love it!!!! xoxoxox
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work!
  • cbumbalough
    cbumbalough Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You have done amazing! Keep up the great work. You are truly an inspiration!
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Way to get it girl!! :)
  • vintagegirl3
    vintagegirl3 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Your are doing a great job and you look amazing. Keep it up!
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!
  • tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Whatever your story is, whatever made you join MFP, remember that you have to be happy with yourself while doing this. It’s not easy, it gets frustrating, but you made the hardest step and joined which means deep down you want to make a change.

Love this ^^^^
  • taylorckt1
    taylorckt1 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    When you said, "My latest NSV is I can wrap a normal size bath towel around me and it covers me." I thought I would faint...I just realized the same thing a few days ago but didn't post it on here...It is an amazing feeling to opt for a Bath Sheet vs needing one...Thanks for sharing your story, keep up the good work!
  • cseckinger1
    Options
    You are doing so good! You look great.
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    You are so very positive and inspiring.. thanks for sharing!

:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!