Had Baby Eight Weeks Ago, Need A Little Help Please!

Options
Hi All, hope you can help. I had a baby eight weeks ago, and now weigh 11stone 4lbs. I was 13st8 the day before I had him, and 10st before I got pregnant. I had to have an emergency c section and the little pouch is really getting me down. I used to have problems with my weight and feel really self conscious about this little piece of skin. I know its the marks of motherhood and I should be proud of it, but I feel so self conscious about it - especially in this hot weather recently while everyone else is walking round in their bikinis.

Any advice on how to get rid of it?
Would really be appreciated!

Replies

• Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    8 weeks?????????
  • JessicaLauren19
    Options
    Yes, 8 weeks ago. I know its soon to worry about things like that but past weight issues have always made me conscious about the way I Look.
  • bobbiedr
    bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I would begin by exercising (once you're medically cleared.). That and eating right is your best bet. Maybe try some ab/core exercises.
  • JessicaLauren19
    Options
    Thank you. I've joined the gym last week so will be able to do that. I know its not going to happen overnight, but hopefully I'll start seeing results soon.
  • bobbiedr
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I had a baby 4 weeks ago. I had a vaginal delivery, so my recovery is not as long. I had my post partum appointment today, and I've been medically cleared. So starting Monday I will be getting back on track.

If you want support, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • JessicaLauren19
    Options
    Thanks hun I've added you, congrats on the little one
  • KellyMarie528
    Options
    Eating clean is your best bet for losing the most fat! :-)
  • bobbiedr
    Options
    Thanks hun I've added you, congrats on the little one

Thanks! You too! :)
  • LaChanelCherie
    LaChanelCherie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm adding both of you, if that's okay! I just had my daughter last month :-)
  • bobbiedr
    Options
    I'm adding both of you, if that's okay! I just had my daughter last month :-)

Congrats! I accepted your request. My daughter was born on June 10. :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^No.

I think getting in good nutrition is always good but eating "clean" is not the best bet for losing fat. Eating at a calorie deicit is how you lose fat.

For a new mom, though, are you breast feeding? If so, you may want to talk to your doctor or/and a lactation counselor about what he/she would advise your calories be set at to where you can lose little by little without risking your milk supply.
  • KellyMarie528
    Options

^yes

If you simply eat a calorie deficit, but continue to eat garbage, your body composition will still be fat > muscle. :-)