Sports bras and working out/running in public

Options
13»

Replies

• fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    If you are uncomfortable with just wearing a sports bra, put a tank top over it. I wear a sports bra with a tank top all the time. Get thin ones and then you won't be at hot. They also have tanks that are made for sweating. I personally don't like them much but a lot of people swear by them and you can wear short. Others probably wear shorts on hot days.

Personally I would wear whatever I felt comfortable in and screw the others who talk. I am a non-conformist. However, if you are asking then are worried about what others think and about them talking behind your back. Which says to me find an in between.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Do whatever you are comfortable with. I mean, how scandalous is your sports bra? It is getting hot enough that I'm considering taking my shirt off but I have to weigh against the need to slather all that extra skin with sunscreen.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Or should I say "If ya don't like it, don't look!" and keep on a-truckin? Anyone else have this problem? What did you do? I wouldn't wear just a sports bra until the flab is gone..:sick:

Sports bra, do it. The guys will thank you, as will your own comfort.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I wear that and I see I'm the only one. I don't know why - it's hot !!! and it's not like I have the perfect body either.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    If my boobs were smaller, I totally would. Most of my workout tanks are very lightweight and almost see through anyways, but I appreciate that extra fabric. Rock it out girl!

Damn, didn't realize this was an old post.
  • F1TCH1K
    F1TCH1K Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Uh, just go out and RUN! Who cares what you are wearing...really, who cares?! Or who should? No one... I walk around my house in the bra & underwear and my husband is always "you know the neighbors can see you" and I say "Uh, it's just like wearing a bikini"... I'm a little more of a free spirit :)

Honestly, I think you should just go for it. I love wearing a sports bra and shorts to run b/c then I can check out the sweat dripping down my abs and it gives me motivation - the way my body looks and the way I feel being healthy is all I need. Def, not someone else's "approval" of what I wearing. So go rock that sports bra!
  • F1TCH1K
    F1TCH1K Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the sentiments of most of the other responders, but I say: Adhere to the community standard. If the community is conservative, I wouldn't recommend doing it. You might just be asking for trouble.
    Personally, i don't think that a light-weight running shirt or a tank top contributes that much more to your discomfort when it is hot. In fact, it might keep the sun off your skin, which has advantages in itself.
    Keep in mind, however, I am kinda prudish, for myself. I never run without a shirt on, no matter how hot, and I think there are very few guys who should. Certainly, no guy with a belly. Certainly, no guy over age 30.
    Course, it is different for women. I live in California and many, many women run in just sports bras. (And, yes, contrary to my prudishness for myself, I appreciate it very much.) But, this is California. It is not the East Coast.

<<shakes head>>
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Just so we're clear, are we talking about these? :
    Nike-Indy-Racerback-Women-Sports-Bra.jpg
    Whenever this topic crops up, I can but wonder how anyone can be offended by seeing someone in a sports bra.

It strikes me more as jealousy than actual offense when someone feels the need to protest someone showing their midriff.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Do it!!!!

Will give all the nosey neighbours something to talk about.....I live in a real clicky small country town
  • lexoxoc
    lexoxoc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about what others think. If you're comfortable with it, DO IT!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Just so we're clear, are we talking about these? :
    Nike-Indy-Racerback-Women-Sports-Bra.jpg
    Whenever this topic crops up, I can but wonder how anyone can be offended by seeing someone in a sports bra.

It strikes me more as jealousy than actual offense when someone feels the need to protest someone showing their midriff.

Actually, that would be the last bra I would run in. Who do you assume jealousy? Only one person said something negative, and he's a he.