which of your macros do you not mind being in the red?

pchesnut
pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
The only time I don't mind seeing the red is with my protein and my fiber. Do mind being in the red on anything?

Replies

• Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Protein.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Protein and fat (as long as it doesn't put me over calories.). I'm also happy to be over on fiber, vitamins, and iron.

ETA I don't even look at sugar, I'm always over.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Protein and Fat.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Lenora428 will you marry me :flowerforyou:
  • Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    Protein
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Protein. Don't really care all that much about going over on fat, either.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    The only ones that bug me, really, are carbs and calories. If I am good on protein and a little over on fat, I don't sweat it. Sodium is never an issue for me, either. But I do try to keep my carbs where they should be, because I am a bit of a carb addict this is one of my goals!
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Protein
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Fats protein
  • DDCNY
    DDCNY Posts: 64 Member
    Protein, fat, fiber, micro nutrients, sugar.
    MFP can't tell the difference between added sugar and naturally occurring sugar such as in fruit. If I eat a piece of fruit that is low on the GI scale with each meal and I eat a low-sugar yogurt and I drink some skim milk somewhere in the day - I end up being way over on my sugar. I'm not eating cake for Pete's sake! It's fruit! And dairy!

Nice thread. I have been wondering how others feel about the red vs. green.
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    All as long as overall cals are below
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    carbs, fiber, sugar.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,229 Member
    MFP can't tell the difference between added sugar and naturally occurring sugar such as in fruit. If I eat a piece of fruit that is low on the GI scale with each meal and I eat a low-sugar yogurt and I drink some skim milk somewhere in the day - I end up being way over on my sugar. I'm not eating cake for Pete's sake! It's fruit! And dairy!

I completely agree about the sugar. All of mine comes from fruit, so I changed my settings to not include sugars. I don't mind being over on protein...but I usually end up being over on carbs. Not too worried, though...
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    protein, fiber and fat. :smile:
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    protein, fiber and fat. :smile:

Same here.
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    fiber, protein and as long as I have made good choices --sugar
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Sugar - normally over that on breakfast smoothie alone, I also don't worry about protein
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    the only thing I care about being green is calories
  • pchesnut
    pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
    I guess I don't mind seeing red in fats as long as I have been eating things like nuts or avocados etc.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    The only time I don't mind seeing the red is with my protein and my fiber. Do mind being in the red on anything?

Protein and fat...

Also, not to be picky but fiber is a micro-nutrient. Carbs/Protein/Fat are your macros.
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    I don't mind any or all of them being in the red ... we bulking over here...
  • bamadwl
    bamadwl Posts: 111 Member
    All as long as overall cals are below

^^ Basically this.
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    I like protein and fiber being red. I only mind a little bit if carbs are red. I took sugar off in favor of fiber because it was pissing me off always being over. The ones that bother me most are fat, because I have a history of pancreatitis, and sodium because I don't want water weight or high blood pressure.
  • AnaCoffee
    AnaCoffee Posts: 95 Member

I'm similar to this regarding sugar. I'm a vegetarian and my 1 cup of mixed berries & low-fat, high-protein, organic Siggi yogurt is an important daily meal for me nutrition-wise. It always puts me over sugar. I also have coffee with a 1/4 cup of milk in the morning. Yesterday the banana that I ate while running errands (I was starving and it was a banana or take-out) put me over. Sugar is the only one in the red for me since I joined a few days ago, and honestly, I'm not going to worry about it unless I go way over from junk food multiple days in a row.

I wouldn't mind going over protein either, but that hasn't happened yet.
  • Tanana66
    Tanana66 Posts: 84 Member
    Fat > Fiber > Protein in that order.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    I don't mind if Protein is in the red at all. I don't really care if the others are unless it's either by tons, or keeps happening. I don't have a specific reason to want an exact minimum of them so if one goes over a bit... *shrug*

For micros, since a lot of other people have mentioned them, I don't mind if Iron or Potasium are in the red, because all too often they're way under and I hope it balances out on average. Although the low pot might be because so many foods in the database don't have it listed. grrr
  • mkim3138
    mkim3138 Posts: 80
    My protein is usually always red :laugh:
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    I WANT my protein to be in the red... It would nice to not just reach my goal but even go over it, I need as much protein as I can get. I've rarely made my goal though, my protein is usually green :(

It's a micro, but I always try to get more than 100% of my daily iron (I'm iron deficient and I hate taking iron pills, they irritate my stomach) so I'm also happy when it's the red, it means I got lots of iron!
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    I don't mind any or all of them being in the red ... we bulking over here...

Same here, bud lol
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Sugar - normally over that on breakfast smoothie alone, I also don't worry about protein
    Same, on both the sugar and the morning smoothie!
    I really don't worry, I try to keep my fats down a bit, but I focus on my overall calories.