Wraps for skin tightening-not for weight loss

Options
I have awful skin and I'm wondering if anyone has used wraps for skin tightening and saw good results. Before anyone blasts me about it, I'm not interested in them for losing weight or inches but simply to tone up my loose skin that will probably never go back. Or any other ideas. A tummy tuck really isn't an option for me and I'm really not excited about what my future stomach looks like

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    All the wraps do is remove water which comes right back.
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Your skin will go back a lot on its own, you just have to be patient and give it time.
  • aimeemanninghunter
    aimeemanninghunter Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'd heard people say it tightens up the skin (which I wouldn't think is a water problem?) I
  • aimeemanninghunter
    Options
    Your skin will go back a lot on its own, you just have to be patient and give it time.

I'm not so sure. I have bad stretch markes from gaining quickly. Looks like I have had several children and my stomach already sags quite a bit
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Link! I have lots of ideas that you might find helpful!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/aquarabbit
  • aimeemanninghunter
    Options
    Link! I have lots of ideas that you might find helpful!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/aquarabbit

Thank you! I will try some of that stuff out!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I'd heard people say it tightens up the skin (which I wouldn't think is a water problem?) I

It dehydrates your skin (water ) making it look temporarily firmer. Depending on your age and genetics you may find that skin gets tighter with time (about 2 years max) and the stretch marks are yours to keep. They will lighten to silver lines, once again with time, but nothing makes them disappear.

The wrap recipe posted in the blog is coffee ( a diuretic) and salt (draws moisture). Nothing more than water removal.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    All the wraps do is remove water which comes right back.

This. Plus the cost of prolonged and continuous use of body wraps to keep your skin tightened is pretty comparable to the cost of a tummy tuck in the long run. Save your pennies, you'be better off with the surgery.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options

It dehydrates your skin (water ) making it look temporarily firmer. Depending on your age and genetics you may find that skin gets tighter with time (about 2 years max) and the stretch marks are yours to keep. They will lighten to silver lines, once again with time, but nothing makes them disappear.

The wrap recipe posted in the blog is coffee ( a diuretic) and salt (draws moisture). Nothing more than water removal.

I agree with mokey.

Wait. Wut? :laugh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^This. If you can't be patient, then you'll have to start saving for that tummy tuck after all.
  • saraedens
    saraedens Posts: 54
    Options
    Do you lift>? I've heard that helps tone up skin. That's what I'm doing to try and prevent having loose skin, but it will probably happen anyways! lol
  • aimeemanninghunter
    Options
    Do you lift>? I've heard that helps tone up skin. That's what I'm doing to try and prevent having loose skin, but it will probably happen anyways! lol

Joining a gym tomorrow!
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I didn't read what everyone else has written so this may be a repeat, but I got body wraps 2 times a month for 6 months, and had amazing results. Of course after time of not doing them you can tell, but for me it did wonders for my skin and it's not like it was before. Also after the 6 months of doing them I no longer have cellulite at all. I haven't done them for over a year now, and it hasn't come back. So yes it can help your skin and the health of it, but it's not a miracle and I doubt it will get you were you want to be on it's own.

PS. I absolutely think it's worth it, I loved them. Try dry brushing before you have one done. It helps too. Just got pricey because I had to drive about 80 miles to get them. GOOD LUCK!