Turning 40 ughhhhh!

Options

Replies

• robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Boy, u guys sure rock! I'm smiling already! Thanks for your support!
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Forties absolutely rock. I'm not just saying that. Seriously the best age I have ever been in EVERY way, hands down. Enjoy it! :drinker:
    ^^absolutely this! I had a baby at the age of 40.....so I feel like I am JUST getting started @45! Life in my 40's has been amazing!
  • shirleycatt
    shirleycatt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am 41 now.. (even that makes me throw up a little in my mouth). I cried during my entire 40th birthday cruise! (Thank goodness for lots of alcohol). The key is to always and I mean always have friends that are older than you!! My bestie just turned 48.. It was pure joy! Who needs enemies when you have younger friends? :)
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Echoing pretty much every one here--40 is what you make of it--I am loving it.

Had an awesome party for my 40th and felt so loved and appreciated.

Got my black belt at 41--major athletic goal checked off my bucket list

Had kids somewhat later in life so not kid free yet...but loving the age they are at (and yes, I have 1 13 yr old!)

Going to Vegas for my 45th and planning to look good in slinky clothes and bathing suits.

And--I got carded the other day--so am I letting the 40s get me down? No way!
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Life begins at forty

I remember being 30 and broke. Would rather be where I am now I'm 43 , 44 soon

And really u are only halfway through your life....lol
  • MissBernie73
    MissBernie73 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in June. I was not looking forward to it at all but its not as bad as i thought. I'm doing more now then i ever did in my 20's and 30's. This year is one long celebration because all my friends are turning 40 also. We have a trip planned to Fiji in September to celebrate. I am hoping to feel good and have this as the first holiday i really enjoy myself.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Like most of the respondents on this thread, I'm loving the 40s. I'm in better shape and health than I've been since my early 20s, a HELLUVA lot smarter than I was back then, and more in charge of my life than I've ever been. It's a great decade. And I keep thinking... wow, if I've gotten it this good by now, just wait till I hit the 50s!

Enjoy your birthday. Enjoy all the days to come. You're a beautiful work in progress. May you continue to be one until your last glorious day. :flowerforyou:
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Meh . . . I just celebrated the 7th anniversary of my 40th birthday. I'm happier, healthier, more fit than I ever was in my 20's and 30's. It's what you make of it. If you want to dwell on it and let it get you down then it will. I chose to take the opposite approach and finally grabbed life by the horns and here I go! Sunday I'm running my 2nd Tough Mudder - something I NEVER would have done even 5 years ago. I didn't have my last child until I was 42! I personally think life really becomes yours in your 40's.
  • cynthiamicah
    Options
    I felt that way at 50 - you just put one foot in front of the other and move ahead. By the way, it gets better I am now 62 retired and enjoying every day I get to spend with my husband.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Well, I woke up and did the same **** I normally did. It's 40, not the Ebola virus.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Embrace it. I just turned 42 last week. It's a number, and there are many years ahead of you to enjoy. :heart:
  • lisa77marie
    lisa77marie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I dreaded 40 once I turned 38, but it's really no big deal. Now I'm 45 and I feel better and sexier than I ever did in my 20s or 30s! One way to make your 40s fab is to lose the weight! I'm getting more attention cuz I look good! That's definitely a confidence booster. Work it girl!
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 in April (4/20!) and it's awesome so far. I think it just got better after 35 to be honest. When you hit that magical age where what other people think ceases to matter. So what if I am taking a vacation to Europe to go to a heavy metal show? I got my nose re-pierced at 40 because I am tired of doing things to please others and now that I am old enough and stable enough in my life and finances it's all about me baby! :p

Happy Birthday! take life by the balls and run with it!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    So I turn 40 on Sunday. I know I'm supposed to be living it up, but anxiety and depression seems to be at bay! I've always been happy go lucky, nothing can knock me down, I rock kinda person, but turning 40 is ridiculously bothering me. I've taken the week off work to celebrate and it turns out I'm bored and sulking in my own self pitty. I have big plans to start my half marathon training next week but as for this day particularly I just want to do nothing. How did you survive turning the big 4-0? Thanks, Jill

When I turned 40, I was so grateful... grateful for making it that far. When I turned 50 last week, I was even more grateful. As my mother-in-law said to me once - be happy to get older, most people across the world never have that opportunity. Also, where I live, people respect their elders, which is lovely! Being 40+ is awesome! Being 50 is even better! :bigsmile:

I hope you have a lovely birthday on Sunday, and very many more to come! :flowerforyou:
  • hzliiz
    hzliiz Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have had more fun in my 40's than any other time in my life...the men are gorgeous and are much more flirtacious and I have a solid job and money to do what I want. 40's is the new 20's so embrace it!!!

THIS!!

Yup -- 42 and happier, healthier and more comfortable in my skin than I've ever been. Happy birthday OP!
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! 40 is a fantastic age ... in today's standards you're
    not really old there, ppl today especially those who exercise and
    take care, which you are .. are more like 30 awhile back. You're
    wiser but with fitness .. not older .. youth is never ending for those
    who refuse to give up or slow down. It's ones mindset really. I'm 43.
    I miss the other numbers but if I had to chose numbers I get control
    of, my scale and diary are better in that category! :)
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in June. I understand it seemed like this huge number looming over me. But June 16th and went and I felt no different. Since starting to watch my weight again I feel even better than I did in my 30s. It just gets better from here I figure. Have a happy birthday!
  • mabieknott
    mabieknott Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 Bothered me, but now that I'm getting closer to 50 I have decided that 40 was the new 20 and 50 is the new 30!!!
    Don't let it bother you it is just a number... HAPPY BIRTHDAY
  • Blesmols
    Blesmols Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The day I turned 40, I was sitting at a Pilot in Tifton, GA. That was when I was still driving my Freightliner Century. I woke up and pulled open my curtains only to realize that sometime in the night, a cattle truck had parked next to me. He was gone, but what was not gone was the ENTIRE CURTAIN OF COW POOP SPLASHED ALL OVER THE SIDE OF MY TRACTOR! I burst out laughing. It stank horribly. I had to get out my passenger side. I couldn't go anywhere until I took it through the Blue Beacon.

Lose your mind if you have to do so. Eventually, you'll laugh and get it back. Happy Birthday! :)