When do you start counting your calories?

Options
Hitesc
Hitesc Posts: 86 Member
I'm just wondering because my eating schedule is very weird, For instance, do you start counting your calorie intake at 12am? Yesterday I counted my calorie intake and all that but I went out at around 1am to eat but I put that calorie intake for today's diary.

Just a bit curious haha

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    When I get up in the morning. I stop when I go to bed as luckily I don't eat when I'm asleep
  • Hitesc
    Hitesc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yeah the problem with me my sleeping schedule usually consists of me waking up at around 1pm and sleeping at around 6 am
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Just count the things you eat during your day, whatever part of the conventional 24 hour day that may be.

You're overthinking it.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    my schedule's the same as yours, Hitesc. From the moment I wake up til I go to bed... that's one day. I don't split my days if I'm up past midnight, which...I always am.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I start counting when I wake up and stop when I go to bed
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    My 'food day' starts after my longest period of sleep. Usually that means my food day starts in the morning, but it also covers things if stay up all night and sleep in the morning/afternoon.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    my schedule's the same as yours, Hitesc. From the moment I wake up til I go to bed... that's one day. I don't split my days if I'm up past midnight, which...I always am.

This. Even if your waking day falls in between two days, log everything as you eat it. The calories will even themselves out, your body can't tell time.

typos
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I work graveyards. I just start counting them after I wake up whenever that happens to be
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I count my "day" as when I wake up to when I go to bed. Doesn't matter what time it is.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    From when you wake up, to when you go to sleep is one day.
  • Shadowcub
    Shadowcub Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I log midnight to midnight, but I try not to eat between midnight and when I go to bed on those frequent occurences that I'm up until like 1 am.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I used to work 3rd shift so I would wake up at 6pm and get home from work at 6 am and go to sleep at 8 or 9 am. I just changed my Diary settings to read times instead of breakfast, lunch and dinner. I had to set up so that I was logging from about 1800 to 0600.
  • nathan6878
    nathan6878 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I start when I get up for breakfast wich is usually around 7 or 7:30am. And then count all throughout the day. And during the week usually end my calorie counting around 8pm or 9pm.
  • Tann19
    Tann19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    whenever I wake up, whatever time that is. Sometimes I'm up till 3 am and get up at 12n, that's my day start at 12n end at 3am if I'm still eating.
  • VivereDisce
    Options
    I work third shift, so I have my diary set up as midnight - 6a, 6a - noon, noon - 6p, and 6p - midnight. I log midnight - midnight. My body doesn't care what time it is getting the calories, as long as it is getting them! Plus, I don't usually follow the normal "breakfast, lunch, dinner" routine. I try to eat SOMETHING in every 6 hour block of time, unless I sleep through it! It works for me. (Plus, sometimes when I'm at my calorie limit at 11pm, and waiting for midnight so I can have that calorie dense snack, I talk myself out of it before midnight!)