Body shaping problem.

Options
Okay, so my body type WOULD be between straight & hourglass if it weren't for the fact that when I was gaining weight from 105lbs to 120lbs, I wore hip-huggers and belts leaving this "indent" in my hips :[ I'm okay with my shape, I'm working on losing weight in my waist, but how do I fix this stupid indent???? I know it may sound silly but it looks dumb when I wear fitted shirts, dresses, and anything high waisted.

(sorry I don't have any pictures, I only have access to my work computer)

Replies

• UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Clothing didn't do that, it's just your body shape.
  • SNOWolfx3
    SNOWolfx3 Posts: 16
    Options

I did because it restricted my body from gaining weight there due to how tight I wore my belts.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...

There was one time, during which I was lifting weights and actively building muscle, that I spent a lot of time with my leg leaning against a desk because I generally stand while using the computer, and I developed an indent on the front of one thigh. I was seeing a physio at the time for other reasons. She said it was basically a "knot" in the muscle. So, I massaged, used the foam roller, and waited for it to work itself out. It did, but it took a month or two. But, this was not a fat issue. I have fairly low body fat. It was an indent in the muscle.
  • sourmash1973
    sourmash1973 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Only nature can restrict your body from storing fat somewhere. You or your clothes have no power of it.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    I have two indents, one is just like BinaryPulsar's from repeatedly leaning against a counter (daily for six years) and one is from the impact of a bad fall eight years ago. So I know exactly what you mean.

I was told that only added fat cells would fill the dents (I'm quite lean). Given the length of time I've had them, they're not going away by themselves.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Only nature can restrict your body from storing fat somewhere. You or your clothes have no power of it.

Tell that to my friend who does body modification with corsets...
  • UrbanLotus
    Options

I did because it restricted my body from gaining weight there due to how tight I wore my belts.

Sorry that's not how it works, unless you are talking about never taking them off and actually constricting your body 24/7 like corset training or foot binding, which I don't think you are. Google "hip dip"
  • sourmash1973
    sourmash1973 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

Gonna have to research this.
  • SNOWolfx3
    Options
    I have two indents, one is just like BinaryPulsar's from repeatedly leaning against a counter (daily for six years) and one is from the impact of a bad fall eight years ago. So I know exactly what you mean.

I was told that only added fat cells would fill the dents (I'm quite lean). Given the length of time I've had them, they're not going away by themselves.

Yeah when I gained 20lbs it was significantly rapid due to my birth control and it's just a dent on both sides right where my hip hugger pants, shorts, and underwear sit. It looks like no fat was added there but I gained everywhere else. lol Ugh.
  • SNOWolfx3
    Options

Sorry that's not how it works, unless you are talking about never taking them off and actually constricting your body 24/7 like corset training or foot binding, which I don't think you are. Google "hip dip"

Not 24/7 but I gained 20 lbs in about 2 months, wore nothing but hip huggers and always wore a tight belt to hold em up everyday, and haven't had any fat add to these spots except when I gained another 15 lbs a year later.
  • UrbanLotus
    Options

Not 24/7 but I gained 20 lbs in about 2 months, wore nothing but hip huggers and always wore a tight belt to hold em up everyday, and haven't had any fat add to these spots except when I gained another 15 lbs a year later.

That is still called a hip dip. Still just how you are built.
  • aimeemanninghunter
    aimeemanninghunter Posts: 85 Member
    Options

I'm going to have to agree. I have the same issue and never wore pants like you did. It is just the way your body is and if you continue to gain weight it will only get worse
  • SNOWolfx3
    Options

I'm going to have to agree. I have the same issue and never wore pants like you did. It is just the way your body is and if you continue to gain weight it will only get worse

The thing is that now I don't wear belts or tight clothes there and I have and do gain weight there NOW. I'm all uneven though from before. Yeah it may be some peoples body type but not necessarily in every case. I looked up hip dip, it's caused by either, tight clothing or a specific bone structure.
  • aimeemanninghunter
    aimeemanninghunter Posts: 85 Member
    Options

The thing is that now I don't wear belts or tight clothes there and I have and do gain weight there NOW. I'm all uneven though from before. Yeah it may be some peoples body type but not necessarily in every case. I looked up hip dip, it's caused by either, tight clothing or a specific bone structure.

You probably just gain weight there more slowly. If wearing tight clothes prevented weight and fat gain, everyone would be wrapping their bodies in restrictive devices and eating whatever they wanted.

Corset training works because it shifts your organs in your soft belly area. It doesn't prevent fat gain in the area. It just sqeezes everything in.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

You probably just gain weight there more slowly. If wearing tight clothes prevented weight and fat gain, everyone would be wrapping their bodies in restrictive devices and eating whatever they wanted.

Corset training works because it shifts your organs in your soft belly area. It doesn't prevent fat gain in the area. It just sqeezes everything in.

This is correct. It also causes people to eat less because it feels uncomfortable to eat a lot at one time.
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Your body has all this stuff called Fascia, if you tell it to do something long enough, it will listen. Like when you leave a rubber band on your wrist too long or some women get it from wearing their bras too tightly. It'll take awhile of not wearing the belts/hip huggers and a lot of massaging, but it will eventually come out. Just keep working it (it'll probably take at least half as long as it took to get like that).
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options

When I read the o.p. the first thing that came to mind was tight lacing and corset training might re-arrange things a bit. Sort of like how braces change your teeth up, tight lacing may change up your body fat configuration over a period of time (it may take years).
  • SNOWolfx3
    Options
    Your body has all this stuff called Fascia, if you tell it to do something long enough, it will listen. Like when you leave a rubber band on your wrist too long or some women get it from wearing their bras too tightly. It'll take awhile of not wearing the belts/hip huggers and a lot of massaging, but it will eventually come out. Just keep working it (it'll probably take at least half as long as it took to get like that).

Thank you. :]
  • SNOWolfx3
    Options

When I read the o.p. the first thing that came to mind was tight lacing and corset training might re-arrange things a bit. Sort of like how braces change your teeth up, tight lacing may change up your body fat configuration over a period of time (it may take years).

It's like I need to push my little muffin top down some and I'd be okay. lol. Maybe I'll try corset along with a few other things. :]