Is it normal that my pants sized haven't changed?

Options
I've lost 30 pounds. 22 on MFP and 8+ out of MFP. I'ma size 14, I could fit into a 12 but it's tight!

I started on MFP at 193

I now weigh 170 and I'm 5'5 - I didn't measure myself when I started but my measurements are
waist - 34
hips - 42

can someone enlighten me? maybe pants size don't really matter, I'm just getting kinda frustrated over this. :explode:

Replies

• Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I also started at size 14 and my pants were really tight when I started and now I have lost about 25 pounds and am still wearing all the same pants. They all fit way better and I can probably fit in a 12 now too but haven't bothered getting new clothes yet. It sounds like your pants might be fitting better also at this point? Don't worry, it'll happen. :flowerforyou:
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    You will see inches drop faster with squats and dead lifts in your regime.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Do you mean your actual pair of pants or just the size when you're shopping. Remember stores vary in their sizing so focus on your actual clothes. Are they looser?
  • Celebi03
    Celebi03 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I also started at size 14 and my pants were really tight when I started and now I have lost about 25 pounds and am still wearing all the same pants. They all fit way better and I can probably fit in a 12 now too but haven't bothered getting new clothes yet. It sounds like your pants might be fitting better also at this point? Don't worry, it'll happen. :flowerforyou:

yeah they do fit way better though! thank you :flowerforyou:
  • Celebi03
    Options
    Do you mean your actual pair of pants or just the size when you're shopping. Remember stores vary in their sizing so focus on your actual clothes. Are they looser?

yes - like i previously said they do fit way better :smile: but i was kinda troubled because a friend of mine lost 30 pounds and went from 14 to 8 :brokenheart: i guess it'll happen! lol
  • Celebi03
    Options
    You will see inches drop faster with squats and dead lifts in your regime.

thank you i dont exercise though,
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My pants fit EXACTLY the same as when I started. It frustrates the hell out of me. I desperately need some new summer work pants but REFUSE to buy the same size or larger than I wore 37lbs ago. Not going to happen. :explode:
  • Celebi03
    Options
    My pants fit EXACTLY the same as when I started. It frustrates the hell out of me. I desperately need some new summer work pants but REFUSE to buy the same size or larger than I wore 37lbs ago. Not going to happen. :explode:

I refuse to buy the same size as well. :cry:
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    What about your shirts? Are you wearing the same size shirts? Everyone loses weight and inches differently, just keep pushing forward and I'm sure one day you'll realise they are simply too loose! :)
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It all depends in where you've lost the weight from. And hopefully you're not losing lean muscle mass by not exercising. I had points like that when I first started losing weight.

I lost 40 pounds and went down 4 sizes then lost 70 lbs and am only down another 2-3 sizes depending on brand. Overall I was a 22-24 and 298 lbs. Now I'm a 10/12 and 188 pounds.

Hope that gives you an idea.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 pounds. 22 on MFP and 8+ out of MFP. I'ma size 14, I could fit into a 12 but it's tight!

I started on MFP at 193

I now weigh 170 and I'm 5'5 - I didn't measure myself when I started but my measurements are
    waist - 34
    hips - 42

can someone enlighten me? maybe pants size don't really matter, I'm just getting kinda frustrated over this. :explode:

I have dropped from x-large and large to medium in tops and dresses. In pants I went from 14 to 12 (probably more like 11). I have to make another hole in my belt. I normally lose weight from the top first and the bottom last. My thighs have gone from 27 to 26, now inching closer to 25. I would love to have 23 inch thighs, but that will take some time, even though I do kettle bell and squats along with walking.
  • Yarabago
    Yarabago Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I've lost 38lbs and still wear my size 18 pants I bought a new pair of jeans size 16 but they are kind of tight still on my weist.But my shirt sizes have change I went from a 3xl to a Xl . My size 18 jeans do feel lose and they go higher then my weist line .
  • triff14
    triff14 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You are probably pear shaped like me. Pear shaped women tend to lose weight from the top, then the butt and thighs are usually the last thing to go. I lose inches and inches off of my waist and hips but my butt and thighs just don't budge!
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    For whatever reason, I lose from my waist last, too. I've lost 13 pounds, but I tried after 10 pounds to see if there was any difference. Not really. Also, like the poster said -- women's sizes are stupidly inaccurate. One size 12 is another's size 16 and vice-versa. Maybe you have the tiny sized one. Just trust inches.

By the way, I finally tried on a pair of shorts today. My size and they suddenly fit. However, loose on the thighs, so that's proof you lose wherever you lose and it may not be in the waist until the very end. I'm more of a cross between an upside down triangle and apple, so my waist is the last to show anything.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I've lost half of the weight I wanted to lose, and I haven't changed anything but a dress size. The problem is mostly where I've lost. My bat wings have slimmed, I have less boob, less junk in the trunk, and slimmer thighs, but my hips haven't shrunk enough to make a difference in pants size.
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I've lost 58lbs and my pants are just now feeling loose. I think you can lose from all over. Yeah, it frustrates me too that others go down several sizes and I don't.
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I've lost half of the weight I wanted to lose, and I haven't changed anything but a dress size. The problem is mostly where I've lost. My bat wings have slimmed, I have less boob, less junk in the trunk, and slimmer thighs, but my hips haven't shrunk enough to make a difference in pants size.
    Yep, that!!!!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Are you a 14 UK sizing? Because I have a 34" waist and 41" hips and wear an 8. For pants at least - I'm more frequently a 10 on top.
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Is UK sizing suppose to be much different than US sizing? I'm 35'' waist 41'' hips 42'' butt and wear a size 10/12 depending on brand.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Is UK sizing suppose to be much different than US sizing? I'm 35'' waist 41'' hips 42'' butt and wear a size 10/12 depending on brand.

They're about 2 sizes different. So a 14 UK would be about a 10 US.