More Work to Record Pizza Than to Eat It?!

Options
I just finished recording the two slices of pizza I had for dinner. Since it was Domino's, I was able to get the nutritional info fairly easily. Then came the math. First, I had to make a chart of the nutritional values for each part of my pizza-crust, cheese, beef and Italian sausage in my case. Then I had to double the beef values since that's how I ordered it. Next, you have to divide each of those values in eighths because they are listed for the whole pizza, not the slice. After that, you have to add all those values together from each column so you have the total of what your slice is for each value. Last, you input all of those into MFP because everyone's pizza is different. I think you should be able to take off some of those calories for all the work! LOL

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    Dedication has it's rewards. :smile:
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Lol true true! But luckily when I order I just order a standard "Veggie Lovers' etc. so it's much easier to log. ;P
  • HaleyxErin
    HaleyxErin Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have yet to figure out how to log it when I get a piece of my brother's pizza and scrape the nastiness that is Tombstone pepperoni off of it, I generally eat about 2 slices of crust drowned in Parmesan cheese.
  • CindaWhite
    CindaWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just finished recording the two slices of pizza I had for dinner. Since it was Domino's, I was able to get the nutritional info fairly easily. Then came the math. First, I had to make a chart of the nutritional values for each part of my pizza-crust, cheese, beef and Italian sausage in my case. Then I had to double the beef values since that's how I ordered it. Next, you have to divide each of those values in eighths because they are listed for the whole pizza, not the slice. After that, you have to add all those values together from each column so you have the total of what your slice is for each value. Last, you input all of those into MFP because everyone's pizza is different. I think you should be able to take off some of those calories for all the work! LOL

Domino's has a nutrition calculator on their website. I entered the details and had the answer in like a minute. All of their (round) pizza's are cut in to 8 slices regardless of size so it is pretty simple.
  • MichelleBogart
    MichelleBogart Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Domino's has a nutrition calculator on their website. I entered the details and had the answer in like a minute. All of their (round) pizza's are cut in to 8 slices regardless of size so it is pretty simple.

I didn't know that, I just used the PDF file. LOL I know about the eight slices thing, it was the other calculations. Now I feel silly!
  • ronaldlaslo
    ronaldlaslo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just figured out I could have given you the link. Now I feel silly! :{

https://order.dominos.com/en/pages/content/nutritional/cal-o-meter.jsp
  • ronaldlaslo
    ronaldlaslo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sorry posted from my husband's account...sillier and sillier! :{

CindaWhite
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member