I will ride that ride next year.

Options
I'm Chandler, and I'm here because the other day for the first time I was kicked off a ride at an Amusement Park because I didn't fit. I always had a fear of that happening and it did. It was the ****tiest feeling ever.

So, I'm changing my life.

I'm also looking for more friends, for support, and I'll more than gladly support you, too!

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Oh shoot! That sucks. I think ridin something is a GREAT motivator! Cheers to you:drinker: !
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I'm always looking for more friends. I'm active on MFP and log everything. My diary is visible to my friends. Feel free to add me! :happy:
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel...I went for a ride with my boyfriend's parents a few months back (when I met them for the very first time) and I couldn't get the seat belt around my belly. I was mortified!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I was almost kicked off a ride at Kings Island until I somehow managed to wedge myself into the seat well enough for the bar to click, and was miserable the whole ride because I was so uncomfortable. Then there was the time I had to ask for a seatbelt extender on an airplane.

It's been just over 2 years, and we set a goal to go to Disney in June. I was able to fit in and ride all the rides. In fact, my only fear was that on 1 ride I was with my youngest who is tiny, and I was more afraid of her flying out of the seat than I was of me fitting into it. It was really weird because I wasn't used to not having the belly beast to worry about.

I do still have about 100 to go - and we're planning another trip to Disney in 2016 (need to have time to save up for it).

We can do this!!!
  • IceyBaby96
    IceyBaby96 Posts: 36
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)) I love new friends and love to help motivate!
  • TammyP64
    TammyP64 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Girl I know the feeling! That happened to be one time at Six Flags. I remember acting like it was no big deal as I waved my friends off. But later on I just cried and cried! Don't worry I'm sure you'll reach your goal and get on that ride!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Wolfbrown85221
    Options
    That Sux It happened to me last year when i took my kids sea world! I had to get Off the pirate ship i felt so bad for my kids cause they wanted me to ride with them. They are to small to have know why but i'm on my way to not letting it happen again.hopefully!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My MotherInLaw was afraid to visit us because she might not fit in the airplane seat. You are taking control and that's going to be such a victory! Nothing you want to do needs to have a limit, you are going to do this! Here's me being the "fun grandma" instead of the fat grandma that wants to watch video's with my granddaughter!