Fighting the pounds off

Options
mrsyac2
mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
Litterally fighting them-- I believe that its true that your body gets comfortable with a certain weight-- I have been trying to shed these last 15-20lbs off hardcore since about Febuary watching my calories and working out 5-6 days a week-- yes my body has transformed mainly because of muscle gain and fat moving to around i guess- and yes its discouraging but I am still determined to get rid of these pounds-- So if you have any ideas to kick this into double time since 5-6 days of working out and watchin my calories aren't cutting the fat- I have eaten my exercise calories, I have not eaten them as well, I have cut my calories to 1200, I have upped my calories to 1500, You name it I have done it- But its just not happening-- So advice is more than welcome--

Replies

• mrsyac2
    Options
    Litterally fighting them-- I believe that its true that your body gets comfortable with a certain weight-- I have been trying to shed these last 15-20lbs off hardcore since about Febuary watching my calories and working out 5-6 days a week-- yes my body has transformed mainly because of muscle gain and fat moving to around i guess- and yes its discouraging but I am still determined to get rid of these pounds-- So if you have any ideas to kick this into double time since 5-6 days of working out and watchin my calories aren't cutting the fat- I have eaten my exercise calories, I have not eaten them as well, I have cut my calories to 1200, I have upped my calories to 1500, You name it I have done it- But its just not happening-- So advice is more than welcome--
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    How about taking a break for a bit--eat your maintenance calorie level so you don't gain any. Then, in a few weeks try again.

During that time, I would just stick to your maintenance calories and stop stressing about those last few pounds.

It might shake your body's routine up enough so that when you cut back on calories again, your body will be "taken by surprise" and those last few pounds might just float right off!

Also, it would give you a nice break from the stress of trying to drop those last few pounds right at this time while you're waiting on hubby and then enjoying your reunion in a few days!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Have you tried making a drastic change to your exercise routine? Perhaps if you try something completely new it will give a boost to your system. Being a dancer, I'm totally biased toward it, but I would suggest a dance class like ballet or modern (there are usually lots available for adult beginners!). You'll be AMAZED at the muscles that are worked that don't really get worked any other way. Or middle eastern dance (belly dancing) is AMAZING for that too. You'll find the key :wink:
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Are you using a HRM to measure exercise?
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    Are you using a HRM to measure exercise?

I don't have one yet- however I always underestimate my calories burned compared to what the machine says and what MFP says as well. I rather burn more and put that I burned less rather than say i burned more and actually burned less-
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    but if you are burning more and you are starving yourself, that isnt good either. If you can swing an inexspensive HRM I would. Or you are like me and my actual burn is WAY less than the machine or the website. That would probably help.