Thank you for your irrelevant words of encouragement

Options

Replies

• jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    You obviously are starving yourself and have gone into starvation mode. Please eat more.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    it's ok OP. DONT GIVE UP! this is OUR journey, and we are on it TOGETHER!
    tomorrow is another day! today was just a minor setback!
    it takes 3500 calories of SURPLUS to gain a pound!
    ITS JUX WATER FLUKCHUASHIN. YOU FIIIINE!

kik me?
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Listen OP, I know where you're coming from.

I was in one of those relationships too and HE DOESN'T DESERVE YOU! Drop that zero and get yourself a hero!!

You are beautiful, no matter what they say. Words can't bring you down.

If you want to skype this out or something I'm there for you. I can put on a movie in the background and we can do like a long distance thing.

No! not a date, just want to console you, get you to just loosen up and let your guard down. Don't judge all men by him.

Great burn btw.

literally lol'ed
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    I think I should leave an inspirational quote or positive ebay feedback post.

Vince Lombardi: It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up.

☆★TOPº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºMFPERº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºYOU*GOT*THISº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºA+º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºA+☆★
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. People try to boost me up all the time. It sucks.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6fdEDxXILq8CWqzLw1CKKYCoXbNubCBP-kB7kfP42Rgb0AFua
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Every now and then I'll post a frustration with an eating accident, missed trip to the gym, etc. and without fail, get some replies telling me not to give up, saying that I can do this, offering me support on my weight loss journey . . . from well meaning people with poor attention to detail.

I'm at my goal weight. I have been at my goal weight for a long time. I have already done it.

Thank you though, I guess.

Why are even making status updates about missing the gym or having "food accidents" , if you say you're at goal so those things don't even matter to you anymore? Maybe those people are trying to support you in MAINTAINING the weight loss..

sometimes I think people just like to complain about nothing around here.

oh and btw, WTG!!!

^^^this. Totally this. And, as someone else said, what would be the appropriate response, in your mind? "Way to already be at your goal weight - hope you didn't blow it with a one-time tragic eating accident!" or should people just re-state the obvious each time and say "Good thing you're at a healthy weight so that your post about missing a workout really doesn't matter whatsoever!". I just don't get what it is you'd want to hear back to a post like that if not support from your random MFPals.

In any case, congrats on reaching your goal weight and trying to live healthfully; maybe you should just dial back your expectations of your friends' understanding of your emotional needs.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Where'd you go, OP?

dale-walking-dead-dont-do-that_zpsf4555dda.gif
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I understand, but really, part of the battle is not only losing weight, but keeping it off, is it not? I agree, though, that they may not be paying attention that you are at goal weight.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I know I get let compliment or less of a compliment when I do strength training, because it burns less calories!! I am not in it to burn calories, I'm in it to maintain my weight (not loose it) and build muscle tone!! We are all on different paths to the same goal, to be healthy!!
  • chaznap
    chaznap Posts: 20
    Options
    wow need attention much
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I understand, but really, part of the battle is not only losing weight, but keeping it off, is it not? I agree, though, that they may not be paying attention that you are at goal weight.

I think that depends on the person, I gained 15 pounds during the summer a couple of years ago, it has been gone a year and will never come back. I always eat healthy, so exercise isn't needed to keep it away. It is however important to remain healthy!!
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Where'd you go, OP?

Maybe this thread resolved her issue of overly supportive MFPals... :laugh:
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    Where'd you go, OP?

HE GOT ETEN CUZ OF THE STOOPID KID !!! LOLZ !!!
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    So you post a frustration and get upset that people didn't pay the *correct* amount of attention to you? So sad, let me give you a cheer...

Gimme an "S"!
    Gimme a "T"!
    Gimme an "F"!
    Gimme a "U"!
  • eight6eleven
    eight6eleven Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Then why bother posting about your food slips, or whatever. Just don't post anything at all and people won't "encourage" you. Problem= solved.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    If you've been at goal and don't feel you still need support and encouragement, why are you here posting about your frustrations? I have been at goal since 2008, but have bad days and need encouragement from my buddies here, and my family to pick myself up and get back on track. This journey is for life, with all the hills and valleys. Nobody is perfect (as from your post you've acknowledged that you're not), so why not appreciate the support for what it is? My buddies know I'd met goal long ago, but they also know I still need them to help me maintain. I wish you the best on your journey, and that you are able to maintain for the rest of your life.
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I feel bad for your pals on here. (Mainly bumping to read responses, this thread is lol.)
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Sincere condolences to you and your family regarding your tragic eating accident. It's so hard what to determine what is food/what is not food that it's easy to see one could accidentally consume neighbors/family members/pets and totally TOTALLY blow their saturated fats and calories for the day.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are high maintenance. Oh wait, that's just the Op. The rest of you can grab a donut. We'll encourage you to stop. It'll be okay.