Perplexed

Options
I've been making good headway in the weight loss department since joining MFP. I log my food and exercise and eat my exercise calories back. I have Fibromyalgia and before MFP I got no exercise at all. So I've made good headway in that department as well.

My problem now is that in the last 2 weeks I've actually gained 2-3 lbs back! I know I've had a few to frequent slurpee's cause it hot and summer, and my sister just got married during this time, but I rarely go over my calories. If I have treats I make sure they are within my set calories. My diary is open to the public and I have not logged in the weight gain.....can't make myself do it...

So...what is up?

Replies

• janegeraldine
    janegeraldine Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Was the splurging for your sister's wedding recent? If it was, maybe you had a few too many salty things that caused some bloat. It happens to me when I have an indulgent period.
  • Cinnabon64
    Cinnabon64 Posts: 32
    Options
    Oh, I am 5' 8" and 48 yrs old and am sedentary due to my health, which has improved with added energy but still have lots of pain.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Prolly just water. If you dont have a turnaround after 2-3 more weeks, then start trying to figure out whats gone wrong. But prolly nothing.
  • Cinnabon64
    Cinnabon64 Posts: 32
    Options
    We have been eating out a little more often with family being out etc, it could be from to much salt. I will up my water as I know I have been a little slack in that department.
  • windstar57
    windstar57 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. It's summer and summertime and the bloating comes easy. Keep up the good work and it will move…don't lose faith. You are doing great, a number is only a number…it is not who you are.
  • heidimomoftwo
    Options
    I gain and and lose up to five pounds almost daily, please don't think of two pounds as a set back. If you don't drink enough water your body holds onto the water you do drink. Feel free to add me, I'd love to be part of your journey!
  • EngineerPrincess
    EngineerPrincess Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Maybe try eating veggies? It's calories in and calories out, but lots of fatty, salty or processed foods can cause bloat. I see a LOT of store bought processed stuff in your diary.
    Also, I've known a lot of people with fibromyalgia. Have you tried a food elimination plan? Like, a doctor or nutritionist guided plan to see what you're allergic to that could be triggering pain or causing inflammation. Two people I know swear by doing that, and eating less processed food, because having a health problem like that makes you more sensitive to food additives and such. Good luck! It's probably just temporary water weight.