Thank you for your irrelevant words of encouragement

Options

Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    or u could just say thanks and explain that you have reached your goal weight and you are here to maintain it
    if that's what you a re doing
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Maybe those people encouraging you on your weight loss journey realize that a successful weight loss journey never ends?

But I've also been on other boards where, "Good luck on your weight loss journey" is the equivalent of, "Bless your heart."
  • redzinger9
    redzinger9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems so mean here. Lighten up.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are high maintenance. Oh wait, that's just the Op. The rest of you can grab a donut. We'll encourage you to stop. It'll be okay.

Speak for yourself, I encourage my friends to keep eating the donuts.

:flowerforyou:

Please don't do that. That doesn't leave enough donuts left for me. Ignore this message if you living in or own a Krispy Kreme factory.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

first post = epic fail
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are high maintenance. Oh wait, that's just the Op. The rest of you can grab a donut. We'll encourage you to stop. It'll be okay.

Excuse me but in your photo, are they fitting you with a bionic flipper?

It's a work in progress.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Remember, this is a lifestyle change not a diet.

Will Viggo Mortensen make you ungrumpy?
    aragorngurl.gif

He definitely makes me un grumpy :).
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I love how its mean to call someone out for being a bit of a pratt when it comes to well meaning helpful people, but it's not mean to post a thread shaming your "friends" for not paying attention to you like you're their bestie.

Unless you're talking about the OP. Then, carry on.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

first post = epic fail

+1
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    Wow, I left this post unattended for too long and it has taken on a life of its own.

I'm not angry, didn't say I was. I just noticed a one-size-fits-all approach to encouraging other people on here - not just me, I can't be the only one - and pointed it out. I didn't mean to get everyone's knickers in a twist.

If something I say irritates you, you're probably taking me (and yourself) too seriously.

But it's all going to be fine, I can do it this time, I'm going to make it, tomorrow is another day, I'll just do extra cardio to make up for it, it gets easier, I won't give up . . .

(p.s. To the best of my knowledge, no individuals were harmed in any of my eating accidents, just Twizzlers.)
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Responses can be a little stock, but there's only so many different words to say the same thing. If someone on my FL posted about not being happy with how she ate or her workout, I would offer sympathy or support regardless of her goal or progress.

Silver lining--after 5 pages of no support, your pals probably look much better, right?
  • MsDaraElaina
    MsDaraElaina Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've seen numerous posts about it all being about encouragement and support, and now one about irrelevant encouragement and support.

You can not please all people.

Agreed just tell them directly that you have met your goal and be done with it... Maybe they are thinking more of supporting you than anything else... I'm sure those same people were supporting you when you were still working towards your goal so I would think it would be strange for their support to stop just bc they failed to notice that you have met your goal weight. It's simple, just be direct with them instead of posting a thread about making it all awkward.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    OP, you are too pretty to work out.

That's going to be my new stock response when someone doesn't go to the gym.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    This is a joke, right?
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    I think I'll just post requests telling people what I'd like them to say.
  • mtcastillo86
    mtcastillo86 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    ROFL! Well! I guess we've learned who on MFP is fluent in Sarcasm!!!! This was good for a belly laugh before bed.

Way to go!

:-)
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    k2ivrl.jpg

Oh my gosh! This truly made me laugh out loud. Nice going...
  • peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Wow, I left this post unattended for too long and it has taken on a life of its own.

I'm not angry, didn't say I was. I just noticed a one-size-fits-all approach to encouraging other people on here - not just me, I can't be the only one - and pointed it out. I didn't mean to get everyone's knickers in a twist.

If something I say irritates you, you're probably taking me (and yourself) too seriously.

But it's all going to be fine, I can do it this time, I'm going to make it, tomorrow is another day, I'll just do extra cardio to make up for it, it gets easier, I won't give up . . .

(p.s. To the best of my knowledge, no individuals were harmed in any of my eating accidents, just Twizzlers.)

You harmed bacons feelings. You owe bacon an apology.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options

You harmed bacons feelings. You owe bacon an apology.

Sorry, Bacon. (But JUST bacon.)
  • peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Portfolio_ThankYouCard_closeup-620x350.jpg