Replies

• My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Black vs. White?
  • Haley_alyssa98
    Options
    No. -.-

It's a 5k run and every kilometer you're doused in a different color. Red, orange, green, pink, purple...
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it this year! A lot of my friends and family tell me that it was so awesome and worth it! Where are you thinking about doing it?
  • Haley_alyssa98
    Options
    In Columbus. I live right outside of Dayton so that a pretty long drive.

It sounds so fun.

Too bad I don't know anyone else who runs, all my friends are lazy. Lol
  • megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Oh shoot! haha my mom grew up part of the time in the cincinnati area. I know how you feel. I've been trying to get my friends to do it, but they don't want to haha
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    Ohio State grad here! Do you mean 2 hours of driving in total, or 2 hours each way? Last I knew, it only took a little more than an hour to get to Dayton from Columbus. Back in the day, we used to drive from OSU to Hara to watch WCW and it was a pretty fast road trip.

An hour of driving each way for a race isn't all that bad. If something is two hours away from me, it really has to be something super-unique or I won't bother. The cost of gas here in upstate NY is fairly high. And, most races have early start times, so it's either wake up with the chickens and drive to the race, or get a hotel room nearby (and still wake up early).

A group in our area is trying to get a color run for sometime next year. The closest one that I know of is in NYC, which is a three-hour drive one way. I think the color run is a good idea as it gives people a chance to run with friends and family, have a good time together, and not really care about how fast they finish. In fact, it costs the same amount of money regardless of how long you take, so why rush? Have a great time, take pictures, and savor the memories!
  • kelag297
    kelag297 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yes it is fun! Me and my friends did one a few months ago and had a blast. Another one is coming around where I live in November and I'm hoping to do it again. It's a great experience, you should do it :)
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I did it with a group from work and we power walked/skipped/danced it. Twas a lot of fun. They aren't a typical run, it's not timed and not competitive. It's fun with friends outside doing something physical and supporting a local charity. Only you can decide if it's worth the drive. But look into other similar runs, Color in Motion, Run or Dye and things like that, one of those might be closer.
  • amyknjones
    amyknjones Posts: 21
    Options
    I have done it twice and had a blast both times!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    OP, it's fun to do with friends. It's a nice way to ease yourself into races. It's not a "serious" race, just a fun run. It's just colored cornstarch.

I don't know if I would drive 2 hours for just the race, though. There are all sorts of different fun runs, you don't have any closer to you?
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Not yet! My first will be in Spokane this summer!
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I want to so badly! It looks really fun, and some of the pictures of those events are so pretty!
  • SheaBear09
    Options
    the color run is in Jackson, MS this Saturday. I am just volunteer because the ticket was sold out and just found out a month ago. If i knew way before, I would have sign up for it. it is going to be super fun. there is another event held in October 2013. i forgot the name of the group.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    A lot of people find it a great intro to racing. For me, 2 hours isn't a big deal for a race I want to do. I haven't done a color run but from the people I know who have done one, I haven't heard any complaints.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it in a month!! So excited!!
    First run, and it's definitely just to get myself into them.

Looking forward to the fun mainly! :)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Involves cheap washing powder and brand new colourful clothing mixed with white linen?

Good luck and enjoy. :)
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    OP, it's fun to do with friends. It's a nice way to ease yourself into races. It's not a "serious" race, just a fun run. It's just colored cornstarch.

I don't know if I would drive 2 hours for just the race, though. There are all sorts of different fun runs, you don't have any closer to you?

So it's like being doused in green slime? The slime from Nickeloden?
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    It is a lot of fun to do... But, you have to wait for. ev. er to get to the starting line as they set you off in waves... at least this is true of the Color Run (as opposed to the others with a different name).
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

So it's like being doused in green slime? The slime from Nickeloden?

No, it's colored corn starch.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    YES - DO IT!!!!!! It was the first 5k I had done in maybe 10 yrs - - and it was so fun.....and everyone was so supportive! Totally worth a 2 hour drive, in my opinion!