Anyone with Fibromyalgia?

Options
mtapio
mtapio Posts: 10 Member
Hi all, I have been diagnosed with FMS for 5 years... does anyone know of any foods that trigger FMS? Also what kind of exersize are you doing?

Mianna:flowerforyou:

Replies

• mtapio
    Options
    Hi all, I have been diagnosed with FMS for 5 years... does anyone know of any foods that trigger FMS? Also what kind of exersize are you doing?

Mianna:flowerforyou:
  • carrotstick
    Options
    I don't know about what foods to eat, but I highly suggest seeing a Shaman (if you're comfortable with that sort of thing) or seeing a reiki master. It's helped me tremendously. Look into alternative medicine!! Don't forget chiropractic!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Start small with your exercise. . .and then build. I started with five minutes on the treadmill. Today, three years later, I do at least an hour of cardio most days.

For me, sugar and white carbohydrates are pain/depression triggers. Lean protein, and lots of whole food (virtually nothing processed) keep me out of pain.

There's a lot of support here.:flowerforyou:
  • sewtoday123
    Options
    I have had fibro for over 10 years now. I don't know what foods trigger it, but I do know the lights at work, or bright lights, and loud noises trigger it for me. I love to do Tai Chi. It is easy on the body, and there are alot of great DVD's or CD's or whatever out there you can get to do at home, or go to a class if you want. I just purchased a Wii, and now I plan to get a Yoga this Fri to help me. I go to Curves, but there are days I just can't stay for the full 30 min. I drink alot of water, try to eat healthy, and I am starting to do meditation. I hope this helps. Email me anytime if you want, I can tell you so much. I also have that CFS, and today I am sooooo tired that I have been falling asleep all day long. My husband is not much help. So I rely on the Internet for individuals to talk to for help.
  • mtapio
    Options
    Thanks for your advice... I might try the Tai Chi... I've started swimming and have gone quite a few times when I've hurt so bad I've been in tears and by the time I've been done the pain was gone... of course wearing a swim suit kind of stinks. Thanks.