Weight loss pills?

Options
anro86
anro86 Posts: 790 Member
So, are there any pills or supplements that you have tried that really have aided your wight loss or are they all really just a waste of money? I haven't tried anything, but I see so many tempting advertisements I have wondered if there is anything out there that is truly helpful. Any opinions?

Replies

• CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I say probably not. If there was a pill that cured being overweight, there would be no overweight people.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Total waste
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes. I took Adipex, or as I like to call it, crack. It helped me a few years ago, but then stopped. My doctor prescribed it. I had energy, didn't want to eat (not good), and I got grad school work done! But it wasn't the right thing. Doing what I am doing now works! And it doesn't get my heart racing --which it (adipex) does for a lot of people. Also, you don't have to worry about your kidney iif you don't take it. Had to have it checked often. Now that I know more,I feel better NOT taking it.
    I am logging my meals and working out.
    That's all I can say about that. Hope it was a little informative.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    the only thing they aide in is lightening your wallet, and fattening someone else's...
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    the only thing they aide in is lightening your wallet, and fattening someone else's...

brilliant!!!!
  • ndj1979
    Options

brilliant!!!!

ha, I have my moments...
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    waste of time and money...and some are actively not good for you.
  • WhitSpence3124
    WhitSpence3124 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would say that you should try ViSalus shakes!! I LOVE them and it is so healthy!!! My favorite one to make is peanut butter banana. I do 1 frozen banana, 2 tbsp. peanut butter, 1 cup milk and then one or two scoops of the ViSalus mix. They call it the 'shake mix that tastes like cake mix'.:
  • Miss_Munster
    Miss_Munster Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other here they are a waste of time, but I think it also depends on what you use and how you use them. I took duromine for a little while..worst thing ever, I was just constantly nauseous and ill I couldn't even drive to work.

BUT

I started taking nutra Lifes Thermo Trim Maxx ages ago and just started up again last month, as something to kinda boost my metabolism ( my metabolism is super slow and I also have implanon). So I talked to my Dr about it and she said it was fine. I think it's helped give me more energy definitely, although if you don't exercise/ use the energy, you just end up jigging your leg all day :P

So I wouldn't call it a weight loss pill, so much as an aid to weight loss :)
    Also you can get it at your local health and nutrition store

But that's just my 2 cents worth
  • JoJo61612
    JoJo61612 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Metabolife 360, but that has sadly since been banned in the US
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I would say that you should try ViSalus shakes!! I LOVE them and it is so healthy!!! My favorite one to make is peanut butter banana. I do 1 frozen banana, 2 tbsp. peanut butter, 1 cup milk and then one or two scoops of the ViSalus mix. They call it the 'shake mix that tastes like cake mix'.:

how about you just eat in a deficit and save your money ....?
  • kme0wz
    kme0wz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am taking satiereal saffron from GNC and it really works as an appetite suppressant. When I am at home I snack and when I take them sometimes I have to remind myself to eat a meal. I've had way more success staying within my calories when taking them. The best part is that there are no side effects or crash like all the others loaded with caffeine. I feel normal but don't snack or overeat. I guess they work by boosting seratonin. First supplement that I have tried that actually does something and I can notice the difference.
  • sammi_j
    sammi_j Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can't say they ever appealed to me. Seen lost of adverts on tv for them but I know eating right & working out is the healthy and natural way to do it.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I've also taken Phentermine in the past - under "Prescription" However, I wouldn't call a back room, on the scales, off the scales, blood pressure, tick sheet - pay the receptionist & shunted out the door ethical :laugh:

Did it work? yes!, did it make me ill?, yes! - Will you regain all you lose & more some soon as you stop?, yes!

I work with people with substance misuse issues. I can testify that 99% of them are extremely thin. I can also state that the majority have major health problems ongoing as a result of this. In a nutshell - No, don't use weight loss pills. There are no "magic beans" out there. You'd be wasting your time, money, & possibly risking your health.

Sorry I don't mean to sound preachy & of course each to their own, but I would advise people to steer well clear :wink:

* Alas no "herbal, natural" remedies/pills work either - plenty of posts on here to testify - Sorry!*
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options

Let me guess: You sell the things, right?
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    NO NO NO NO!
  • dshiro2010
    dshiro2010 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Zantrex-3 and Garcinia Cambogia Extract worked for me. I used them both separately before, and it gave me more energy. I would do about 100-200 ab workouts a day and did show lots of weight loss, but when I stopped taking them and started eating unhealthy again I bulked up. I am now taking them again, eating healthy and doing about 6 hours of exercise every day and I've lost 3 lbs in 3 days since I started.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    39635106.jpg
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Waste of money. Drink black coffee or green tea. Use your body's natural ability to burn fat.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    39635106.jpg

QFT