Cereal and milk for breakfast!

Options
meacasia
meacasia Posts: 2
I love to eat cereal and ice cold milk for breakfast! I would say that this is my breakfast for 3-4 days out of the week.
Right now, I am eating about 1/3 cup of Special K strawberry cereal plus 1/4 cup of granola (for more texture) and 1tsp of Chia seeds in skim milk.

I would like to know if what I'm eating now is good enough and conducive to my weight-loss. Should I be seeking any other alternatives? Keep in mind, I love mah cereal. :)

I probably eat a hot breakfast once a week (an over-easy egg, slice of whole wheat toast and avocado) and drink green smoothies the rest of the time.

Replies

• angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It's not the one meal that matters, it's the whole day's food. Cereal is good, but it's better if you can eat wholegrain cereals or ones without added sugar.( Don't know about the US, but here in the UK Special K has a 'new recipe' which I find disgustingly sweet. I don't see why a 'healthy' cereal would have so much sugar in it.) It's important to eat breakfast as it stops you snacking later, but wholegrain cereals will give you slow release energy which will keep you going longer.You could try adding fruit to it too.
    Having cereal for breakfast most days won't hurt as long as you have other nutrients at other meals and get the right balance of protein, carbs, fruit/veg (remember your 5 a day) and a little good fat.
  • CeeBee88
    CeeBee88 Posts: 33
    Options
    I think simple cereal and milk for breakfast is under-rated on this site. Personally its not something I do simply out of preference and time constraints, but your breakfasts seem healthy and if you enjoy them whats the harm? You could probably add some fruit in there but if you are eating right and healthily throughout the day your breakfast seems fine.

I do love special k though. I think I'm the only person I know who actually loves the taste!