A weight watchers convert

slyall08
slyall08 Posts: 25 Member
I am loving MFP as compared to ww

1. Free
2. No formulas for points
3. Wonderful extensive bar code scanner and list of foods
4. The weight watchers plan doesn't account for fruits and veggies...I'm sorry they have calories to.

I think I can do this long term!!

Replies

• achecubed
    achecubed Posts: 3 Member
    I'm a WW convert, too! :smile: Free fruit was a big issue for me. I'm eating maybe 1 or 2 pieces a day now and doing much better. I calculated my points the other day, just for the fun of it, and was at 24. Have you tried to compare yet?
  • yellowball0825
    yellowball0825 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm a ww convert as well. I read someplace that they still expected you would stay w/in the number of servings per day of fruit you SHOULD have but they didn't make it a very visible 'suggestion'. Not a huge fruit fan anyway but I always added 1 or 2 points for fruit if I ate it. I got off of it because of the money, read Bob Harper's 20 SImple Rules (something like that). I loved it. Felt like I was cheating on WW for a bit, but the book helped me lose 10 stubborn pounds. I quit following it for a while (vacation and then laziness) but I'm back on it again. There's nothing 'wrong' with WW and it definitely helped me lose, but the money was an issue.
  • tiger4nikki
    tiger4nikki Posts: 112 Member
    I am a WW convert too. I was too hungry on WW. I could lose on it, but got too hungry.
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Me too.. their old plans worked great for me but once fruits and veggies were free, it didn't work. MFP has worked great and is free.
  • bexgams
    bexgams Posts: 4 Member
    I've just decided to make the switch to MFP from WW! I found I was staying under my points by eating processed foods...and I would learn about really healthful recipes online, and wouldn't make them because they'd end up being too many points! Which is crazy because it really comes down to balance, and calories in vs. calories out.

Do you think it will be hard to sort of "de-program"? I have already had to remind myself to track fruits/veg, but I actually found it easier to stay under my calories than I found it was to stay under my points.

And it doesn't hurt that this program is free! :)
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    I had trouble doing Weight Watchers with my mom. I felt like I was getting very obsessive-compulsive about it, especially in terms of figuring out points. Some things just weren't all that clear, and sometimes their tips (like taking sips of water in between each bite) were getting a little eating-disorder-y for me, although I didn't realize it as that at the time. I just new it didn't feel right.