Going out for dinner tomorrow night! Advice?

Options
Hi all,

I’m going out to dinner to La Porchetta tomorrow night and I was hoping you guys could give me some advice! I’m tossing up between these two…
1. Small bruschetta - homemade pizza base topped with diced fresh tomato, fresh red onion, fresh basil, olive oil, salt & pepper
2. Warm chicken salad - grilled chicken tossed with fresh lettuce, cucumber, tomato, topped with sun-dried tomatoes & drizzled with balsamic, mustard & white wine dressing

The small bruschetta has 335 calories per serve and the warm chicken salad has 463 calories per serve!

I’m confused by ‘per serve’ … is a small bruschetta pizza considered ‘one serve’? ... or only one slice?

This is the nutritional info provided http://www.laporchetta.com.au/upload/modules/file_storage/menu_KJ.pdf

Thanks!! :)

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    eat whatever you like. It will not affect your progress. You'll be no fatter after eating a "bad meal" than you would be thinner after eating a healthy one...

People don't eat out too often these days, so just enjoy it and forget the calories...
  • ALittleSwanny
    ALittleSwanny Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I imagine per serve would be "per what they give you" so I'd go for the lower calorie option, makes sense :)
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'd say go with the lesser and the chicken salad sounds great,but if you want to use it as a splurge the other sounds equally tasty. Whenever I have choices like this, I make sure I go with it only if I won't feel too guilty afterward.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    eat whatever you like. It will not affect your progress. You'll be no fatter after eating a "bad meal" than you would be thinner after eating a healthy one...

People don't eat out too often these days, so just enjoy it and forget the calories...

Agreed
  • FITIsTheNewPINK
    Options
    Personally I would go with the chicken salad - the protein will keep you full longer. :)