Just starting

Options
Good morning (it's Friday)!
I'm just starting out on myfitnesspal and am getting the feel for the site. I had gastric bypass (RNY) on 11/24/10 and have lost approximately 110 pounds since. However, over the last several months I have been stuck. My doctor says I should be pleased with where I am. I do feel better than I did 100+ pounds ago, but I KNOW I could feel better yet. I would like to lose another 30-40 pounds. However, with the type of personality I have, I cannot look at the big picture or I get overwhelmed. I think I'm going to like how myfitnesspal breaks it down into smaller increments for me.

About me, I am a 47 year old mother/wife. We have 2 girls; our oldest will be a senior in college in August and our youngest will be a senior in high school in September. My husband and I have been married for 25 years. We live in central NY. I have had a weight problem all my late teen/adult life. I had tried EVERYTHING out there prior to my weight loss surgery. When nothing had worked for more than 10-20 pounds my doctor asked me if I had ever thought of surgery. The rest is history. Even weight loss surgery is no guarantee that you will lose the weight, it is just a tool.

I am looking forward to getting to know myfitnesspal.
Irene

Replies

• teepuppylove
    teepuppylove Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good morning Irene!!!!
    Welcome to myfitnesspal. I have been on here for a while and the community is one of the best things about it! :) I'd be more than willing to be a friend and motivator to you while you are finishing the last leg of your weight loss journey. Let me introduce myself...My name is Tabby, I'm 24, and I live in Brooklyn with my partner, Sam, and doggy Mona. I'm always up for new mfpals, so I'm shooting you a friend request now.
  • Redmedic
    Redmedic Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Irene!

Congrats on the 110lb loss - that's super-impressive! Have had patients who've not lost weight after banding because they've basically lived on liquidised Mars Bars post-op (!), so much credit to yourself.

The last little bit of weight is always the hardest - if you're stuck then perhaps taking up a new form of exercise will help? Personally I loathe gyms, jogging, fitness classes etc so find something you really enjoy and will look forward to doing- for me it's dancing and climbing.

Hope this site helps you get to the place you want to be

A x
  • christina_1011
    christina_1011 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    hi there ... i am just starting back on MFP ....just coming off of WW ....i had gastric bypass and lost about 106 lbs ...i slowly started to put weight back on within a few yrs of surgery ....i put on about half of what i had lost ...and have been up and down ...i really should lose about 35-40 lbs to be at my post surgery lowest weight ....id be happy to lose 25 .....im down 15 or so since january ...needed to switch things up alil bit to give me that extra push that i need ...good luck to u on ur journey ....and i agree w/ u 100 %... weight loss surgery is a tool DEF not an easy way out !!