Options
jrich1
jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
For the first time in 2 months... Since 7/1/2010

My Gut - lost 2"
Hips - Lost 1" off my hips
Lost 1.5" off my chest

Lost 13.8lbs

And last night for the first time as long as I can remember, I fit into an XL Tshirt I had (down from 3xl when I started). I am so excited last weekend I bought a normal sized shirt at target, i have never been able to buy them there before... the non big and tall clothes are so much cheaper too!

Replies

• ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! [=
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I like how you've lovingly referred to your stomach area as your "gut"!!! Maybe you need to start loving that part of your body more and you'll see it go away :wink:

Congrats on the loss!!! Keep it up!
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is an awesome feeling. Keep up the good work!!!
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    What a great accomlishment!!! You work hard and you're seeing results, way to go!!! :happy:
  • crasula
    crasula Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great work, makes you feel so good both mentally and physically when your hard work actually produces visible results. Keep it up!
  • Hughes39
    Options
    CONGRATS!
    I've never had to shop in the big and tall store for myself but when i went with my bio father, he paid like $80 for ONE shirt! I about died!!!!
    Keep up the great work!!!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    For the first time in 2 months... Since 7/1/2010

My Gut - lost 2"
    Hips - Lost 1" off my hips
    Lost 1.5" off my chest

Lost 13.8lbs

And last night for the first time as long as I can remember, I fit into an XL Tshirt I had (down from 3xl when I started). I am so excited last weekend I bought a normal sized shirt at target, i have never been able to buy them there before... the non big and tall clothes are so much cheaper too!

WTG!! That's excellent news!

It's when stuff like this happens that it makes it all worthwhile!! :flowerforyou:
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    It has been worth it all. I am very happy for you and wish you and your family happiness, goals surpassed, and all the skinny clothes you could ever want! Thank you for your encouragement.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Im with you. I started in an always XXL and sometimes XXXL shirts. When I finally got to the point where I could wear an XL I didnt believe it. I kept trying on different clothes because I couldn't grasp the fact that I was small enough to fit into these things. It really messed with me mentally. I knew had lost weight and inches but It was really hard for me to come to terms with the fact that those clothes fit. I'm guessing your pants are getting pretty loose too. If you have an old belt don't get rid of it. Its fun to go back and see how big it used to be!

Congratulations on getting into NORMAL sized clothing!! I know how awesome it feels.
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    wtg!!! :) Good job!
  • jrich1
    Options

Im with you. I started in an always XXL and sometimes XXXL shirts. When I finally got to the point where I could wear an XL I didnt believe it. I kept trying on different clothes because I couldn't grasp the fact that I was small enough to fit into these things. It really messed with me mentally. I knew had lost weight and inches but It was really hard for me to come to terms with the fact that those clothes fit. I'm guessing your pants are getting pretty loose too. If you have an old belt don't get rid of it. Its fun to go back and see how big it used to be!

Congratulations on getting into NORMAL sized clothing!! I know how awesome it feels.

yeah I cant wait when I get to my goal to go buy some normal sized clothes :)
  • jrich1
    Options
    It has been worth it all. I am very happy for you and wish you and your family happiness, goals surpassed, and all the skinny clothes you could ever want! Thank you for your encouragement.

Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it.
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    awesome job!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome!! See what a good idea your wonderful wife had to take your measurements :smile:

I am soo proud of you that you are doing soo awesome, i know you will definetly bet in XL by christmas...I don't think you have ever worn xl as long as i have known you...i remember you telling me you would never be in XL (when you were 3x ) cause you were big boned...look at you know...you are going to rock it....
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! :flowerforyou:
  • Kresent
    Kresent Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    That's great, I was lucky enough to have gained my weight in a short amount of time, after an injury, so I still have all my good clothes and very few big guy clothes. I tried to buy a suit in my current size but they just don't make big guy suits that could even be altered to fit someone who was still proportional only bigger.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!