Yoga vs. Gym

Options
I've been doing a Hatha Yoga Class this past month on Mon and Wed. for 90 min. And, going to the Gym Tues, Thur, Fri. for 60min. I feel pretty drained after Yoga, because I am still kind of new at it still. But I was wondering if I really want to lose weight and tone up would I be better off going to the Gym 4-5 days a week doing weight training and cardio?

Replies

• dcturcotte
    Options
    I like to do both. I goto the gym 3 -5 times a week and try to do yoga at least once every 2 weeks. Muscle has memory so if you throw it the occasional curve ball and mix it up you might see better results!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I would do both if you can. The yoga will really help train your muscles on balance and strength. This will be beneficial for your gym workouts, not to mention your core!
  • rockinmomto3
    rockinmomto3 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Both are really good for you. Yoga helps with balance and strength, and cardio and weights help you lose weight. Personally I don't like yoga...it's boring. LOL. But if you enjoy doing it, keep at it!
  • Sherylp77
    Sherylp77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    About 10 years ago I hated working out but loved Yoga! Let me just say that I went twice a week and was able to put my leg over my head...my boyfriend at the time loved that one! I lost about 60 lbs because, I believe, Yoga calmed me and maybe be more limber so I was able to do more stuff and I was never sore after awhile! When I gave it up I didnt think I would miss it so much but I DO! I can barely touch my toes now!! I say keep up the yoga!!
  • adrienc
    Options
    Keep up to Yoga and you will soon witness its benefits and how it re-shapes both your body and your soul.
    Flexibility and strength will come as long as you keep practicing... don't give it up!