Thank you for your irrelevant words of encouragement

Options

Replies

• siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Every now and then I'll post a frustration with an eating accident, missed trip to the gym, etc. and without fail, get some replies telling me not to give up, saying that I can do this, offering me support on my weight loss journey . . . from well meaning people with poor attention to detail.

I'm at my goal weight. I have been at my goal weight for a long time. I have already done it.

Thank you though, I guess.

Ha ha, funny!:laugh:
  • peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Your success is only temporary. You will fail because you were born to fail. Next time you eat a cupcake, you will explode.

Is that better? I don't want to disappoint you with encouragement.

Ok, seriously you mention cupcakes? Well, now I know what Ill be dreaming about. Bacon cupcakes.
  • Elby0030
    Elby0030 Posts: 32
    Options
    well done, dont give up you'll get there !
  • siqiniq
    Options
    Where are you posting this frustration? If it's on the boards, then I guess you're expecting people to remember you're at goal from one of your 233 previous posts. If these frustrations are vented in your profile, then I guess some of those 223 people haven't really gotten to know you. Shocking.

I have to say I admire you; in real life, people must be hanging on your every word. There's no other explanation for your expectations here.

Oooh, nasty! Just because the OP has posted 233 times doesn't mean that 223 people have read the posts. How did you do that math anyway?
  • siqiniq
    Options
    first there e a re no eating accidents....................... WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    why are u still here if u are at goal weight

You could rename yourself: "The Membership Police".
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    k2ivrl.jpg

Don't know why, but this is my Favourite gif:drinker:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I've seen numerous posts about it all being about encouragement and support, and now one about irrelevant encouragement and support.

You can not please all people.

I can please all people that I want to.

*gets in line*
  • lildebbie121
    lildebbie121 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Remember, you have to lift heavy. Also, search for In Place of a Road Map. And water too. And the bacon thing too.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Op - if everyone gives you irrelevant words of encouragement then my view is that in order to avoid the frustration you should go pork yourself up a bit. That way their encouragement becomes relevant and you're no longer frustrated.

....I should really be a UN special envoy or some thing.
  • Meggie1108
    Meggie1108 Posts: 15
    Options
    Not too sure why you bother posting stuff that you don't want your friends to comment on. That's what this site is for....encouraging each other. Its ridiculous that you would be annoyed or "frustrated" with others for being nice to you. Maybe this isn't the right site for you if you can't handle kindness and support. There are plenty of people on here who love and need the support that you are getting and its a shame that you cant appreciate it. Well I'm off to give irrelevant kind words to my friends!!!
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm not angry, didn't say I was. I just noticed a one-size-fits-all approach to encouraging other people on here - not just me, I can't be the only one - and pointed it out. I didn't mean to get everyone's knickers in a twist.

Most of your detractors here don't think you're angry. They think you are *self-absorbed* because you expect people to recall - or somehow magically know - that you're at goal before they post their encouragement. Either that or you are expecting a visit to your profile by anyone engaging with you on the boards, which is absurd. Your OP came off as pretty "high horse", and that's what folks are responding to.
  • Triplestep
    Triplestep Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Where are you posting this frustration? If it's on the boards, then I guess you're expecting people to remember you're at goal from one of your 233 previous posts. If these frustrations are vented in your profile, then I guess some of those 223 people haven't really gotten to know you. Shocking.

I have to say I admire you; in real life, people must be hanging on your every word. There's no other explanation for your expectations here.

Oooh, nasty! Just because the OP has posted 233 times doesn't mean that 223 people have read the posts. How did you do that math anyway?

Actually, logic dictates that MORE than 233 people have read the OP's posts in the past. Her tone is what implies she thinks her posts were unforgettable!
  • Evilmuffin666
    Evilmuffin666 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I almost peed myself reading all of this. You all made my day!!!!!!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    If you don't want support, you're in the wrong place.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Wow, I left this post unattended for too long and it has taken on a life of its own.

I'm not angry, didn't say I was. I just noticed a one-size-fits-all approach to encouraging other people on here - not just me, I can't be the only one - and pointed it out. I didn't mean to get everyone's knickers in a twist.

If something I say irritates you, you're probably taking me (and yourself) too seriously.

But it's all going to be fine, I can do it this time, I'm going to make it, tomorrow is another day, I'll just do extra cardio to make up for it, it gets easier, I won't give up . . .

(p.s. To the best of my knowledge, no individuals were harmed in any of my eating accidents, just Twizzlers.)

I don't think you are angry..I just think it is hilarious that you are complaining about your friends encouraging you ...maybe you should let them know that you are in maintenance and then they would not say dumb *kitten* encouraging things that seem to rub you the wrong way ...

OR better yet you could just delete their sorry *kitten*'s since you seem amused by their moronacy....you do know there is a "remove friend' button right?
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You might be at goal weight now, but a lot of us have been at goal weight before. A slip here, a missed workout there, and we are not at goal anymore. But now that your friends have seen this post, I am sure you wont have to worry about all that many irrelevant words of encouragement. In fact, I would assume you will lose a few friends because of it.

Good luck to you on your maintenance.
  • MissStatement
    MissStatement Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    nielsen-airplane.jpg
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I'm just poking fun because my sarcasm meter was alerted from the initial post. In all seriousness, there IS a certain amount of one size fits all thing going on here frequently. I assume not everyone will get to know me. That's okay too. I also assume that all of us want something different in terms of support. One of my friends hid her diary because I, and a few others, misjudged what she wanted from her FL, thus I now tend to be more generic unless someone specifically asks or comments about something. I would rather provide soft support than alienate someone. The goal is to keep them here. In addition to those points, I can't remember every detail of everyone on my list and I don't look at profiles constantly. I do, however, try to form some connection with everyone, if I can. Since I don't really know any of you, I err on the positive and sometimes generic side unless we've conversed heavily. As far as the forums go,I think people could benefit from looking at the Op's info before giving advice, but I admit I don't always do it.

As for the OP in this post, she obviously has a sense of humor. I wouldn't have gone about this post this way though because the word choices come across a bit uppity but I like that you can take the ribbing. Good luck to you.

By the way, I'm in maintenance too. I did remove the post it to my wall every time I change a weight thing because people kept commenting when it looked like I lost (but was really just flunctuating all the time). No big deal. I knew my friend list was being the great people they are.