Injured Ankle- help!

Options
ellnie_
ellnie_ Posts: 15 Member
Hi there, recently I sprained my ankle- BAD- so I'm sidleined for who knows how long. Before I was exercising 6 days/week (3 days of bootcamp plus 4 days of running with one of those days being both). Now I'm pretty much sedentary. I've changed my TDEE and everything but do I need to change my macronutrients since I no longer need quite the energy from carbs or protein from my mucles? I'm to the point now where I can start doing some core work and lift arm weights but, without my foot, it's not very intense. Help is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Pamm8577
    Pamm8577 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I can't offer advice because I have done the same thing injured my ankle and my arch to the point I cannot do any cardio. :sad: I have dedicated 5 weeks to 4 days a week exercising. And I am halted on it all of a sudden thought I was going to cry. I am on a weight loss journey, I just decided to do yoga and stretching and give myself time to heal. Massaging my ankle/foot and wearing braces, icing it down, do ankle stretching, and they want me to do physical therapy but haven't done it yet. I also go to chiropractor that seems to help some. I have some plantar fascistic going on and scar tissue built up with some tore ligaments left side. Its really discouraging for sure so I know where your coming from. Dr. told me to the elliptical anyway but afterwards my ankle hurt, so I am just going to stick to other stuff. I also just continue to eat clean as I can. I hope you recover soon. :happy: