Why progress pictures are important.

Options
chasetwins
chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
So months into your journey..you lost some pounds. However you still see the same old heavy you in that mirror. :( Happens ALL the time!! I have to date lost 38 pounds but still feel fat & gross every time I look into that mirror. I have been periodically taking pictures of my journey. Shown here (if I did this right!!) is from February of this year to the other day. Before seeing this side by side..while I see the scale moving my mind wasn't. This picture gave me a HUGE confidence boost!!! :)
Take pictures monthly people!! They help a lot!

febtojulyside-Copy_zpsc5d34bcc.jpg?t=1373635594

BTW MFP really needs a preview post :/

Replies

• Txgirl1204
    Txgirl1204 Posts: 37
    Options
    WOW! You look great! Keep it up!
  • MarishaRea
    MarishaRea Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic I need to start taking photos I have lost 19lbs now but I do not feel any different yet. I'm just too scared to take a photo the camera might break lol :-)
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic I need to start taking photos I have lost 19lbs now but I do not feel any different yet. I'm just too scared to take a photo the camera might break lol :-)

Thanks guys LMAO ya looking at my before is a bit nauseating however...I am SO glad I took them (and hid them till now LOL)
  • hinzee4
    hinzee4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Huge difference!! Congrats and good idea!
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I wish I had taken a day 1 photo. I didn't want a record at the time, as it seemed like I was highlighting a low point. As it is, I only started taking pics after losing the first 30 lbs. I really wish I could look at my before/after pics to remember where I was -- not so much to pat myself on the back, but to remember _why_ I pass on the dessert and spend nearly an hour a day doing strenuous workouts.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!