Question About Cardio/Midsection Toning

Options
Quick question for you guys.. while working out, I would really like to focus on slimming my midsection down and was wondering if there was certain cardio exercise that's better for that than others. I love doing the Arc Trainer at the gym and I also alternate some Hip Hop Abs in occasionally. Would it be better to do more of something like Tae Bo aor Hip Hop Abs - cardio that is focused on midsection slimming, or does this fall under the "you can't spot reduce" answer and any cardio I do will be about the same? Just wanting to make sure I'm doing the most effective thing for my body. Thanks for the help!

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    No, there isn't. You have to lose more weight/fat... which is about eating right more than anything else.
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    No, there isn't. You have to lose more weight/fat... which is about eating right more than anything else.

Gotcha - thanks!
  • crazebeck
    crazebeck Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I wish there were a way to target certain muscle groups, but jacksonpt is right. Just diet and continued exercise will help. Eventually you will lose and tone where you want. I personally want my legs looking better (a six pack would be nice too) but I always lose weight in my thighs and butt last not matter how many squats, step, or running I do! ;/
  • rachelakai2
    rachelakai2 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen!
    Best of luck to you!
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Going to focus more on my eating now.