Walking Shoes

Options
What are the best walking shoes? i have dont have a high arch in my foot so i need something really supportive and cusiony. I am walking daily and also need something that my feet can be in all day at disney in October. It seems like the shoes i have now are not a proper fit as my feet seem to either slide and my feet almost get like a rubbing burn from the fricton. I know socks can play in a big factor.

open to suggestions!

Replies

• TeamDale
    TeamDale Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I wear New Balance walkers with a rollbar. They are really comfortable. Mine cost $140 and are worth every penny.
  • slojorunner
    slojorunner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would suggest going to a running/walking store (if you have one in your area, such as Fit2Run) and have a gait analysis done. Then they can suggest shoes that would be best. I personally have had one done and they suggested either asics or Brooks. I love both!
  • Grace215lbs
    Grace215lbs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Make sure you buy insoles!
  • dmdeubel24
    dmdeubel24 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I sugges New Balance....I've been wearing them for years and found they are the most comfortable and durable. JC Penney usual has a good selection and most times on sale for under $40.00. Happy Walking........
  • toomanycats75
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Asics Gel shoes for long distance walking. To reduce sock friction, try super thin cotton free sports socks double layered.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I would suggest going to a running/walking store (if you have one in your area, such as Fit2Run) and have a gait analysis done. Then they can suggest shoes that would be best. I personally have had one done and they suggested either asics or Brooks. I love both!

This is pretty much what I was going to suggest as well. Google for running shoe stores in your area then call them and let them know what you're looking for and ask if they can help to make sure you're properly fitted. Also ask them what their return/exchange policy is. A good running/walking shoe is going to run you around $100 so it's good to make sure you know what your options are if they're not quite right.

Some of the higher end stores are good to go to as well. We have one in our area that's considered a family shoe store but they carry a wide range of athletic shoes (as well as dress shoes, work boots, etc) and will stand behind their fitting so if something is wrong, they'll replace or refund.
  • nancykabat
    nancykabat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I also would recommend going to a running store. They have people working there that know walking and running. I did that and got New Balance shoes for about 75 bucks on sale and wear an orthodic with them because I had serious tendonitis from wearing cheap gym shoes that I bought on the sale rack at ****s.