HCG DIET IS DANGEROUS!!!

Options
123457»

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

frabjak: About your 5 pounds. The HCG only works on unneeded cottage cheese fat. The hormone does not work on the 2 types of good fat that your body has and needs. So, in my opinion, it would probably work on your 5 pounds if indeed you have 5 pounds more of the bad fat to lose. After you lose all the bad fat, the hormone stops working and you no longer lose weight. That is why the doc says you cannot over lose on this program.
    Good luck!
    Now your talking...so people who lose to their goal weight on this diet don't have cootage cheeseor minimal cheese!!!??? hell, i might even start doing it, screw it if it kills me, i need the queso to go adios!!! See this is a lesson the hcgers need to take, cause if someone explained it to me in this way i would have done it lol.
  • frabjak
    Options

I was wondering this too. I have some questions, because I'm trying to understand, not be a jerk or anything here. What it sounds like to me is that this is for people who are seriously obese? Like it wouldn't be for someone like me who is at the final 5lbs (that's even debatable) and already down to 18% body fat...then it would be dangerous.

I've been working with a nutritionist recently due to the fact that I work out...a lot...run 4xs a week, karate 3xs and lift 5. 1200 calories just wasn't enough. So I'm up to 1800, all clean, but I need to consume 216g of carbs (complex carbs) a day to prevent my body from burning muscle. From my understanding the body is first burning protein (157g of that a day), then the carbs, then the fat. So I see why you are limiting your carb intake. So is the theroy behind this that there is enough fat to burn after the protein that your muscle will still be safe? Again, then this would make more sense for someone with a significant amount to lose rather than 20lbs or so...am I correct?

frabjak: About your 5 pounds. The HCG only works on unneeded cottage cheese fat. The hormone does not work on the 2 types of good fat that your body has and needs. So, in my opinion, it would probably work on your 5 pounds if indeed you have 5 pounds more of the bad fat to lose. After you lose all the bad fat, the hormone stops working and you no longer lose weight. That is why the doc says you cannot over lose on this program.
    Good luck!

Intersting. I didn't know there were two different types of fat our body stored. Like I said, it's debatable if I should attempt more. I think for me it's more of a build a bit more muscle to tighten things up. It's hard when you get low in weight and have been at loosing for a significant amount of time, to know when to turn the switch off. When I was consuming less calories I looked a tad...pathetic...weak...puny. Once I jumped up to the 1800, the muscles really filled out more without the weight going up. It's proof that everybody's body works very differently and has different needs. Thanks for the answer!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    To me, it sounded like you were just being really rude to Rob and you were posting some sarcastic ridiculous childish comments. I replied accordingly.

Since you say you were being earnest, then I apologize for any perceived snippiness.
    And no - I don't have to take my attitude anywhere. It just comes along:devil:
    Its ok girl, i have attitude too, but no i just have a funny mind....it wanders into things like that...so lets all eat an apple, since (i think) everyone here can partake!!! I know i'm craving a golden delicious right about now!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    To me, it sounded like you were just being really rude to Rob and you were posting some sarcastic ridiculous childish comments. I replied accordingly.

Since you say you were being earnest, then I apologize for any perceived snippiness.
    Its ok girl, i have attitude too, but no i just have a funny mind....it wanders into things like that...so lets all eat an apple, since (i think) everyone here can partake!!! I know i'm craving a golden delicious right about now!

here, I have a basket of them in my desk drawer since that is always one of my fruit servings everyday...........
  • Skinnytime
    Options

Sounds good. :smile:
  • lorishines
    Options
    Natalie-

I sincerely mean NO disrespect, and I know my tone is a little self righteous- but the premise of this thread is to steer people AWAY from HCG when people deserve to hear both sides. I think that hard work and a clean healthy diet the conventional way is AWESOME I would never knock someone for being healthy. For me I simply NEEDED to get quickly to my goal then I can maintain my healthy weight- the same way you do. I guess its a matter of impatience.

And also, comparing how quickly we lose weight is not for competitive reasons it is just to see the various results.

And if I sound like a giant B-word, oh well. The FACT is -someone on the HCG diet will dramatically and quickly releas e the fat they want to lose.

Just a fact. NOT a bash on the slow and steady.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    yayy! how disfunction are we skinny that we have a slight tiff then make up over food? haha! life's funny!
    And I chose skinny jeans , but have baked sweet potato fries!:)....but the burgers DID have to GO...
  • Herewego
    Options
    OMG!!! :noway:
    I did not read the whole thread but has any European MFP user reacted to this thread???
    I am chocked! :noway:
  • nursegirljay
    Options
    Ugh, some of this is pretty funny on here. I am not really going to be posting much more, but to answer someones question or comment they put about how much hcg it puts in your system.....

I worked in an OB/GYN clinic for quite a while. It is what I specialize in. When you suspect pregnancy in someone, you typically will draw a beta hcg (blood draw). The range for this is 0-6. Anything elevated or above 6 they suspect pregnancy and will repeat because the level should double about every 2 days. We had a patient that was going to have surgery, and she had an ESSURE procedure performed (which is a procedure for permanent sterilization that is much less invasive than a tubal). It had already been verified months before that her tubes were occluded (closed) so she should not be pregnant. However a beta hcg is a routine test that we drew before surgery. Her level came back as a 6 (on the border since it was on the high side). Called her, she had been doing the hcg injections for over a month and forgot to let us know. Well, to document everything we had to repeat the blood draw to prove that it wasnt a pregnancy, when it was redrawn it was a 5. Had she been pregnant it should have been 12 or higher. What I am saying is that it is a VERY SMALL amount of hcg that is in your system. One could even argue that it is no more than a typical "normal" amount for some. So, therefore you should not have any "pregnancy symptoms" because it is not anywhere near enough.
This discussion has been closed.