Suggestions on vitamins please?

Options
Hi I'm Aimee, I'm new to this site and have a few questions. So if I'm eating low calories and working out 3-5x a week for about 30-45min should I be taking any sort of vitamins. I never have taken them before and have heard alot about omega-3 and womens multi-vitamins. Any suggestions from any of you on wether or not I should take them and what kinds are good to take when dieting?

Replies

• slowlee
    Options
    Multi's are controversial, some people love them and other's don't. However, if you are eating any type of restricted calorie diet then they are not a bad idea or if your diet is lacking in a lot of fruits and vegetables, Ideally one should get the majority of their vitamins this way; through proper diet. I think everyone can benefit from omega-3's, a couple of vitamins/minerals have shown to help aid in weight loss like vit d3 or chromium picolinate, other than that its just your preference wether or not to take a multi, it probably won't hurt your progress.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Vitamins are always a good idea I think. I take a woman's one a day weight smart multi vitamin and a 1200 mg fish oil capsule (omega-3). I also always make sure I log that the fish oil capsule has 10 calories. :)
  • Skinnytime
    Options
    GNC's Women's Ultra Mega. They are very comprehensive. You will have to supplement calcium though.
  • cathyalmand
    Options
    i use centrum energy for women...LOVE IT!!!
  • marciml
    Options
    I have been taking the One a Day Womens H20. You mix it in 16oz of water like a fruit or tea drink mix. I have found that its not so easy to find. I just bought a bunch of them online yesterday. I have heard the the solid vitamins are not digested very well and we do not get the nutrients we think we are getting. I have been taking this form at night for the past year and feel like it has worked very well for me.

Best of luck!
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Take care in purchasing fish oil. It has incredible benefits, but if you'r buying fish oil from large fish, the level of mercury and/or other toxins can also be high. I always try to buy fish oil from small fish (anchovies, sardines, etc.). The next "fish oil" I'll buy is acutally krill oil. It's more potent and less "risky" than other fish oils.