Help, I need moral support!

Options
Hi, my name is Sherry...I'm 60 years old and need to lose 15-20 pounds. I've tried Weight Watchers 3 times but didn't lose weight. I keep track of my calories and exercise really well with MFP but I don't stay motivated because I'm not losing weight. I'm almost always under my calorie goals and I try to walk 1/2 hour a day. I try to do water aerobics 2-3 times per week. Some weeks I'll do great but don't see any results after a couple of weeks so I'll have a bad week. Lately I seem to be gaining instead of losing. I am on thyroid medication and it's supposedly working but still no weight loss. Any suggestions?

Replies

• DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are at a plateau, the great news is, you can break that plateau...feel free to add me and PM me. We can chat.
  • sher52ks
    sher52ks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I decided last night that I was going to divide up my goals and just take it a week and a pound at a time instead of exclaiming that I'm going to lose 20 lbs in the next 3 months...that seems so daunting. So now my goal is to focus on this week's exercise and healthy eating...I'm hoping that will help. How have you lost weight?
  • howgoesyourlove
    Options
    Hi,

I know what you feel and i have gobe through same phase many a times. The problem is we exercise for sometime and start expecting results in one week. We need to understand that we cant lose all our weight in the first two months of diet control and exercising.

Another thing i've noticed with me is that my body doent lose any weight in the first two weeks, but in the thired week (If i continue on track), it suddenly loses upto 6 pounds. (Yeah, that way it's funny)

So, see where you are going wrong. and in case some days you do binge, try and make up for it by exercising more that day or being little extra careful next day. There will always be those days when you end up eating more than you were supposed to...It's fine.

But exercise daily! that's my only advise... :) Add me and I'll keep you motivated :)
  • marykempf
    marykempf Posts: 1
    Options
    sounds like my story. Keep going. You can do it. I also did weight watchers and seemed to loose 10 and stayed there, This time i am trying very hard to keep going. I still need to loose 3 1/2 lbs to get back where i was 1 year ago and then i need to loose about 20 lbs. I know after menapause it is so much harder.
  • moxienight
    Options
    When you've got 10 to 15 pounds to lose you have to be really diligent about what you put in your mouth. Look not just at calories, but think about the kind of calories you are eating. Fat calories, for example, seem to slow our weight loss when we've only got a little to lose: 100 calories in an apple for example are not the same as 100 calories in cashews or butter. It's as if our bodies are built to store fat calories more efficiently than other calories: people may think that's crazy, a calorie is a calorie and all that, but there is still a lot we don't know about how our bodies work, and I've learned from experience that my body stores calories from fat better than anything else. Just give it a try. This week, try really monitoring the fat content of your food, and don't eat foods that contain more than 3 grams of fat per serving. See if that helps. I've got 10 pounds to lose. I'll do it too and let you know what happens.