NSV: Sleeveless in public

Options
omma_to_3
omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
OK, I realize for most people, this wouldn't be a big deal. But, I've never worn anything sleeveless in public (and almost never at home either) except for when I had to be in something like a swimsuit. I, unfortunately, have a large amount of stretchmarks on my arms that make me uncomfortable. Now that I've lost a lot of weight, I decided to try it. Now, my arms still have a long way to go, and now I have a bigger concern of a lot of loose skin in the underarm area. So, I have to really careful on the cut of anything sleeveless that I wear.

But I did it...I wore two sleeveless dresses on our vacation in Las Vegas and was comfortable and confident in them! No one pointed and laughed or anything LOL. This really goes a long way in making me feel 'normal'

Oh, and I'm about 8.5 years older in the after pictures...The before was waiting to pick up my new daughter at the international terminal of the airport (adopted from Korea). She turns 9 next month.

Before:
Before%202-M.jpg

After:
VegasDress2-L.jpgVegasDress1-L.jpg

Replies

• daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You look lovely in both dresses and uh your arms look just fine!!!! I don't see any loose skin at all :)
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    You look lovely in both dresses and uh your arms look just fine!!!! I don't see any loose skin at all :)

It's mostly in the underarm area and the dresses and poses are hiding it. It really is there - I likely need surgery for it. Boo hiss...

ETA: And thanks!
  • RunnerLisa1
    RunnerLisa1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You look BEAUTIFUL!! Yayyyy, that's a great NSV!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I think your arms look great! Very strong looking shoulders too :flowerforyou:
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! Stock up on those sleeveless outfits because you're rockin' it!
  • suzqraz
    suzqraz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Omma, you look great! And as for it not being a big deal - it is! I don't wear sleeveless tops either, for the exact same reason. I am very proud of you. You have encouraged me immensely this morning. Congrats!
  • wibbley74
    wibbley74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    it is a big deal to feel okay in doing something you didn't do before. you really do look amazing

your arms look great and i wish mine looked as good - currently on day 5 without sleeves and still very conscious of the flesh if i lift my arms but taking each day as it comes

ETA: a friend of mine shared this with me earlier in the week and it helps - http://www.amyherzogdesigns.com/2013/06/14/ff-floppy-upper-arms/
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    I think your arms look great! Very strong looking shoulders too :flowerforyou:

Thanks! I've been doing strength training and am pretty happy with my progress there:

photo%203-S.jpg
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    it is a big deal to feel okay in doing something you didn't do before. you really do look amazing

your arms look great and i wish mine looked as good - currently on day 5 without sleeves and still very conscious of the flesh if i lift my arms but taking each day as it comes

Thanks, I completely understand. I was surprised that my worst area of loose skin isn't my stomach! Though I have some issues there too, my underarms are far worse. The arms themselves aren't horrible and I could live with that if the underarms were better.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    You look terriffic, and I love that red/violet dress... very attractive on you. Congrats.
  • msfine2328
    msfine2328 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!! They look pretty toned. Good job at stepping out of your comfort zone
  • susanstuart18
    Options
    You look wonderful.....
  • Th3stral
    Th3stral Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    WOW! What a difference! You took fabulous in those sleeveless dresses!
  • jenna808
    jenna808 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Your arms look great, as does the rest of you! What an accomplishment to feel comfortable doing something that you never would have before. Your daughter is very lucky to have such a great role model :)
  • wibbley74
    wibbley74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    totally hearing you on the tummy side, i am in shock that i am just left with a bit of overhang considering i have lost over 10 stone in the past 30 months

i love that my arms don't bulge out the way they used to and even have muscles but the flab underneath is going to take time to like
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Your arms look amazing, and yeah I don't see any loose skin; even in the picture of you flexing. You look great and amazing job!! :drinker:
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    WTG, you look great. I get what you mean about the loose skin, my arms look pretty buff (so do yours BTW), but soon as I "wave goodbye" I have what I like to call my "bat wings" flapping in the wind. Oh well.
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Wow! great great job! You look fantastic!
    Keep it up!!
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    This is something I have yet to accomplish! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • dj0jazzy
    dj0jazzy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!