NSV: Sleeveless in public

Options

Replies

• SonicaBE
    SonicaBE Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! this would be a huge NSV for me too. I always wear shrugs and sweaters. I have only gone sleeveless in public once in my life. CONGRATS TO YOU!!!
  • emilydiehl08
    Options
    uhmmmmm your arms look AMAZING! Rock those sleeveless shirts, you deserve it!
  • clearlyme
    clearlyme Posts: 36
    Options
    You look great! It is my ultimate goal to be able to wear sleeveless clothes! I hate that everything is made for women is either sleeveless or the merciless "cap sleeve".
  • KBGAgent
    KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    What do you mean? It is a huge success!

Even being a guy, I have avoided tanks and sleeveless Ts for the last 15 years, until this spring, now its all I wear when I can get away with it.

Your arms look really good in the pic with the green dress. Congrats to you. Your hard word really shows!
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've been doing strength training and am pretty happy with my progress there:

What strength training did you do for your arms. I just can't get started with ST because I don't really know WHAT to do and how many reps etc.
  • HeathrBee
    HeathrBee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look great! I also have stretch marks on my upper arms from when I gained weight quickly in college. They're old now, so it's just the silvery scars, but they go from my armpit almost down to my elbow on the inside of my arms, and there is flab and puckering because I don't have good muscle tone.....yet! I NEVER go sleeveless, and only go in bathing suits in front of a few select people who are forced to love me anyway, lol! It's so encouraging to see that diet and strength training can really make a difference, and definitely motivation for me to keep going. Way to go!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've been doing strength training and am pretty happy with my progress there:

What strength training did you do for your arms. I just can't get started with ST because I don't really know WHAT to do and how many reps etc.

I'm working with a personal trainer once a week and taking a body sculpting class (from the same trainer) once a week. Sorry, I can't really help you much with what to do. I just do what I'm told LOL.

What she typically has me do is lift to exhaustion in 3 sets of 8 to 12 reps each. She throws in some cardio type plyometrics too.
  • Fat_Combat
    Fat_Combat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! this would be a huge NSV for me too. I always wear shrugs and sweaters. I have only gone sleeveless in public once in my life. CONGRATS TO YOU!!!

You look perfect the way you are. Why do you worry, just be yourself and enjoy life.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    fabulous transformation and your arms look great!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! Love how strong lifting makes me feel. Love your arms and shoulders! You go!
  • Katkamm77
    Katkamm77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I haven't gone sleeveless in at least 20 yrs. If my arms looked like yours I wouldn't think twice about wearing a sleeveless outfit. Good for you!
  • AmericazAngel
    Options
    WOW girly! You go!
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    OK, I realize for most people, this wouldn't be a big deal. But, I've never worn anything sleeveless in public (and almost never at home either) except for when I had to be in something like a swimsuit. I, unfortunately, have a large amount of stretchmarks on my arms that make me uncomfortable. Now that I've lost a lot of weight, I decided to try it. Now, my arms still have a long way to go, and now I have a bigger concern of a lot of loose skin in the underarm area. So, I have to really careful on the cut of anything sleeveless that I wear.

But I did it...I wore two sleeveless dresses on our vacation in Las Vegas and was comfortable and confident in them! No one pointed and laughed or anything LOL. This really goes a long way in making me feel 'normal'

Oh, and I'm about 8.5 years older in the after pictures...The before was waiting to pick up my new daughter at the international terminal of the airport (adopted from Korea). She turns 9 next month.

Before:
    Before%202-M.jpg

After:
    VegasDress2-L.jpgVegasDress1-L.jpg
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    OK, I realize for most people, this wouldn't be a big deal. But, I've never worn anything sleeveless in public (and almost never at home either) except for when I had to be in something like a swimsuit. I, unfortunately, have a large amount of stretchmarks on my arms that make me uncomfortable. Now that I've lost a lot of weight, I decided to try it. Now, my arms still have a long way to go, and now I have a bigger concern of a lot of loose skin in the underarm area. So, I have to really careful on the cut of anything sleeveless that I wear.

But I did it...I wore two sleeveless dresses on our vacation in Las Vegas and was comfortable and confident in them! No one pointed and laughed or anything LOL. This really goes a long way in making me feel 'normal'

Oh, and I'm about 8.5 years older in the after pictures...The before was waiting to pick up my new daughter at the international terminal of the airport (adopted from Korea). She turns 9 next month.

Before:
    Before%202-M.jpg

After:
    VegasDress2-L.jpgVegasDress1-L.jpg
    Confidence goes a long way and you have that, along with good looks!!!! What I have learned over the years is that people generally don't care about what I am wearing/how I look because they are focused on their own thing....unless we are talking about junior high or high school kids--many of them will pick everyone apart for their own entertainment. But I digress. The better you feel, the more confident you will be to wear something that makes you feel extra pretty. Keep at it:) You go girl!!!!:)
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    You are rockin' those dresses! Your arms look great, I can't imagine you needing surgery on them!!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    You are rockin' those dresses! Your arms look great, I can't imagine you needing surgery on them!!

Thanks! It's not the arms that need surgery, it's the under arms, which are strategically hidden in these photos LOL. Sadly, I can pull the underarm skin out at least 4 inches easily. Lots of loose skin there for some reason.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    your arms are CRAZY TONED! well done, you!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Well done, I know how you feel.

Other than going to the pool... I still can't do it myself, in "public".
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    wonderful! That is my NSV goal for this summer - I only wear sleeveless at the gym.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Hot mama! Love the arms and the dresses :)

Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!