20 lbs by halloween, do i have any takers?

Options
i've been so wishy washy with the losing weight. i complain and complain about my body and still do nothig about it. its hard to really get motivated alone. so who's with me. im sure we can do more than 20lbs but i wanna do this as safe and evenly as possible. i dont want loose trouble zones where there used to be big trouble zones you know what i mean? im sure im not the ony one on here with a goal we've excused our way out of. its time to really make a change. lord help me if i can stay away from the chocolate.

Replies

• I guess I can get on board with this. I can't say that my confidence is at a high ebb right now .... But nothing ventured ... nothing gained ....
  • marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    of course let's do. it..... go girls
  • SweetObatala
    Options
    I'll try almost anything once.. Like you I've been making excuses.. In my mind I feel like it's not that difficult, so I'm in!!!
  • peyton23
    Options
    I am game!! Just starting out on here and loving it already. Good luck girls!!
  • gotoast
    Options
    great! im glad to have some people on board. I was considering doing the thirty day shred but i dont think im ready for that yet. im just going to start my exercise by walking at least 45-60 minutes a day. weekends are tough for me. my boyfriend is all about the junk food and its hard to say no when he orders chinese. but not anymore. i know we can do this. we just need to stick together and motivate each other. its inspiring just knowing that you've all responded so far. a little goes a long way. :) stay strong girls
  • slowmover54
    Options
    20lbs might be pushing it for me, but I'll give it a go....I would love that...but only 2 months...we'll see.!!!!
  • SweetObatala
    Options
    I've tried and tried the 30 day shred... I just can't get past day 4. It gets easier, but for some reason, day four is doomsday, and I just let it go.
  • kiragami
    kiragami Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am so there! My goal was Halloween anyway lol. :smile: it's my favorite "Howl-iday" hahaha. So far on my recent meal plan I've lost about 5lbs. So yeah, count me in! :bigsmile:
  • gotoast
    Options
    i've tried just doing a few ten minute work outs from the on demand section on my tv but as adunni said, after a few days i just crap out. i forget,get lazy. find reasons to sit on the couch instead of go out for a walk or do a few push ups or sit ups. who has suggestions for keeping it light but still producing results. any suggestions of meal plans and exercise plans are welcome. i know i could use a little mix it up.
  • ashleighk2010
    Options
    This is so close to my goal. I wanted to lose 20 +/- by October 20th (before I leave for a vacation). So this group is a pretty close match!
  • Kerry1023
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm in too!!!! Just getting use to the site. Also going on vacation Oct 20th and would LOVE to lose 20lbs by then. This is just what I need.
  • kiragami
    kiragami Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    So far I've only lost 6lbs since I started. Anyone have any tips to speed this process up? :huh:
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    I am definitly in, I joined MFP on 9/29/10. My starting weight is 232 and I am up for the challenge to lose 20 pounds by Halloween. I just started the south beach diet, seems to be working good. I weigh in Wednesday. I've been hitting the gym every morning before work. :)
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Weighed in today, and lost 3 lbs since last week. Only 17 lbs more to go :)