Turning 40 ughhhhh!

Options
124»

Replies

• anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    40's a few years away for me, but i hate every birthday & these are great replies, so bump.

And happy birthday!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I was depressed on my 40th because I was a single mother, fat and alone.

However, turning 50 as a widow, I was grateful for the opportunity to live to 50, my second husband didn't ever have the privilege of getting old. I threw a huge fancy dress party, made a stunning mermaid costume for myself and danced all night.

Getting old, especially if you have your health, is much much better than the alternative, enjoy the life you have!!!

Happy birthday.

XX GG
  • kmcgaw
    kmcgaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Your feelings are normal. I turn 40 in 17 days and up until this week was really excited about it. All of a sudden I'm an emotional disaster! I did some reading last night and found out that adolescence and your 40th birthday milestone are the biggest things we go through. Pretty monumental stuff. My friend at work just told me that she read somewhere that up until you are 40, it's all about you and the world and after 40 it's all about you and your soul. This made me happy.

Have a great birthday weekend!
  • Stronger_Diva
    Stronger_Diva Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Boy, u guys sure rock! I'm smiling already! Thanks for your support!

That's what it's all about. :)
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and I'm the happiest and most comfortable with myself now than I have ever been before. I know who I am, what I want, and what I need. Honestly I think youth is wasted on the young!! Embrace getting older!
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Your feelings are normal. I turn 40 in 17 days and up until this week was really excited about it. All of a sudden I'm an emotional disaster! I did some reading last night and found out that adolescence and your 40th birthday milestone are the biggest things we go through. Pretty monumental stuff. My friend at work just told me that she read somewhere that up until you are 40, it's all about you and the world and after 40 it's all about you and your soul. This made me happy.

Have a great birthday weekend!

Your friend is correct. I spent most of my first 40 years being what I thought I should be for others but now I'm more focused on being who I really am and reflecting on who I am. In turn I have become more relaxed, open, tolerant, and in many ways a better person. I think you come into your own around 40.
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number. How do you feel? I'm not going to say I feel like I'm still 18, but I really don't feel any different than I did at 25. Do you feel good? If you're on this site you're probably doing a good job taking care of yourself, so you are hopefulyl doing well. I stopped "celebrating" my birthday a long time ago. When clicking up a number on the age scale gets you down, why recognize it? There are more important things in life than the number associated with your age.

Props to all the beautiful women in their 40s taking care of themselves in this thread.
  • kmcgaw
    kmcgaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number. How do you feel? I'm not going to say I feel like I'm still 18, but I really don't feel any different than I did at 25. Do you feel good? If you're on this site you're probably doing a good job taking care of yourself, so you are hopefulyl doing well. I stopped "celebrating" my birthday a long time ago. When clicking up a number on the age scale gets you down, why recognize it? There are more important things in life than the number associated with your age.

Props to all the beautiful women in their 40s taking care of themselves in this thread.

Our bodies age, but our souls are ageless. Something to keep in mind when dealing with seniors. Inside every 80 year old, there is a young soul still dancing to the songs of their youth. Puts turning 40 into perspective. :)
  • mom2pne
    mom2pne Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Happy 40th! I turn 40 in September and I am not worried about that so much, but my life is stressful more now than ever and I am depressed and my depression only got worse this week because I miscarried on Sunday. So I have decided to turn myself around and not let the things that are happening or will happen keep me from losing weight.