Ok. What is bump?

Still trying to get the lingo down. Been logging cals on MFP for over a year but just recently started with the message boards. My main question at this point is as the subject says "What is BUMP???"

Replies

• cjcmrn
    cjcmrn Posts: 134 Member
    kinda like a high five
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    You "bump" something if you don't want to respond, but want to see other people's responses.
  • mkmerrill
    mkmerrill Posts: 74 Member
    Had no idea either......
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    it just saves the thread in your most recent thread section and bumps the thread back up to the top of the forum for other people to see it
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    People "Bump" a thread when they want to follow it and have it in their my topics.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    It also "marks" the thread for you, so it will show up under My Topics if you want to come back to it later. Also pushes the topic back to the top of the page.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    At the top is a section "My Topics" that will show your last 25 topics that you've posted in. If you're too lazy to read the thread and want to save it for later then you put Bump so it shows in "My Topics". Or some people do it because they ask a question and no one has answered them within 5 seconds so they do Bump to move it back to the top of the heap. Either way it's annoying.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Bring
    Up
    My
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    anytime you reply to a thread, it shows up in "my topics"

when you want that to happen, but you can't think of anything to say, you type "bump"

sometimes, people do this to save the thread for later viewing in their "my topics" section.

sometimes, they do it because typing anything on any thread causes it to be viewed more often on the "community" page.
  • msfine2328
    msfine2328 Posts: 73 Member
    OH!!!!! Good to know!! Thanks everyone!!
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Bump bump bump it up LOL