Weighing more after a workout?

shannonpatton
shannonpatton Posts: 299 Member
edited September 21 in Success Stories
Does anyone know why I would weigh more after I workout?

Replies

• Dont hold me to it but I think its because your muscles retain water when you exercise.
  • MyYing
    MyYing Posts: 13 Member
    e: why do i weigh more after exercise
    FITNESS CONSULTANT
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 10:09 PM
    YOU WEIGH MORE AFTER A WORKOUT BECAUSE ,YOUR MUSCLES EXPAND TO COPE WITH THE EXTRA BLOOD FLOW. ALSO,EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE LOSING SOME FLUIDS DURING CARDIOVASCULAR ACTIVITY, YOU USUALLY ARE DRINKING TO REPLACE MORE THAN YOU HAVE LOST . WITH MUSCLE EXPANSION AND INCREASED FLUID INTAKE YOU WILL WEIGH SEVERAL POUNDS MORE AFTER A WORKOUT. USUALLY THE EXTRA POUNDS GO AWAY IN A COUPLE OF HOURS.

Taken from, http://www.healthcentral.com/diet-exercise/c/question/57854/30027
  • I've also heard it is water retention, but that your weight is back to normal within a few hours. :)
  • Your muscles swell & water retention. Your muscles are 70% water and 30% protein :)
  • shannonpatton
    shannonpatton Posts: 299 Member
    Thanks guys! also sorry about posting a new topic in the "success stories" i'm new to this....lol
  • Thanks guys! also sorry about posting a new topic in the "success stories" i'm new to this....lol

I didnt even notice! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!