ladies - 5ft 5/6 what are your measurements?

Options

Replies

• mNassie
    mNassie Posts: 2
    Options
    Height- 5"6 Weight- 165

Bust- 37
    Waist-29
    Hip- 40.5

Goal- 130
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I was 202.0 the last time I weighed. I'm 5'5", & if I measured correctly my natural waist is 34" my bust is 40" & my hips are 44". Not sure if that would make me a pear or an hourglass.
  • ammatzner
    ammatzner Posts: 11
    Options
    bump! saving for later
    Same here.
    C: 37
    W: 31
    H: 44
    Hitting 30 in a few months :P
  • ammatzner
    ammatzner Posts: 11
    Options
    bump! saving for later
    Same here.
    5'6"
    C: 37
    W: 31
    H: 44
    Hitting 30 in a few months :P
  • jehavin
    jehavin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I got kind of intimidated reading through the measurements but thought I'd throw mine in just to even the curve, lol.

Height: 5'5 and a half (that half actually makes a difference in the BMI!)
    146lbs
    bust 36
    waist 28.5
    hips 39.5

I am 2 months postpartum and working on getting my waist to about 27 inches, but I'm pretty happy with the progress I made before and during the pregnancy. When I was in my 160's, I was about 38-31-41 and not happy with my undefined "blob" shape. I can't ever imagine being under 135 (I was about 130-135 at my lowest in my adult life---college and wedding---and was "skinny fat" for my body type) and still having the arm, back and leg muscle that I've worked hard for the last year and a half. Kudos to those who can naturally achieve the 120's and still eat more than chicken/broccoli, but I am not one of them! I've got about 10 lbs to lose in the next year before I turn 30 but I'm pretty close to my "forever weigh/shape" that would leave me content and proud to be a healthy and fit mom of 4 who still eats a slice of bday cake a parties and a daily handful of chocolate chips!
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    I am 5 feet, 110 lbs

Measurements:
    30, 26, 32
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    5'5 and 175 lbs.

39-29-40.

Size 10.

This thread makes me think that my goal of 155 isnt that high considering my weight is much higher than some with the same measurements.

Aw i posted this back in January. I'm now at 155 and its definitely not my goal weight. Funny how that changes as you get closer! Anyways,

5'5
    155 lbs
    37-28-38

Size 8
  • jehavin
    Options
    5'5 and 175 lbs.

39-29-40.

Size 10.

This thread makes me think that my goal of 155 isnt that high considering my weight is much higher than some with the same measurements.

Aw i posted this back in January. I'm now at 155 and its definitely not my goal weight. Funny how that changes as you get closer! Anyways,

5'5
    155 lbs
    37-28-38

Size 8

Awesome that you came back to update! You are so right---arbitrary numbers are just that, arbitrary. I truly believe that everyone has that moment where they say to themselves, "This is the shape/size/tone that I wanted all along and I am happy to be this for the rest of my life." At that point, you step on the scale and know what the right number is!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    5'5 and 175 lbs.

39-29-40.

Size 10.

5'5
    155 lbs
    37-28-38

Size 8

Awesome that you came back to update! You are so right---arbitrary numbers are just that, arbitrary. I truly believe that everyone has that moment where they say to themselves, "This is the shape/size/tone that I wanted all along and I am happy to be this for the rest of my life." At that point, you step on the scale and know what the right number is!

Oh, girlfriend, i SO hope that you are right! I feel like i've been struggling to come up with a goal weight because i've never been under 225 as an adult. I have no idea what i look like at a normal size. People are even telling me that i'm thin. That just blows my mind! But i do hope that i will have that moment! I think that i may be getting close as i'm pretty happy where i'm at now and can look in the mirror and smile. Not to mention that DH just sprung the fact on me that he would like to start TTC #3 soon so maybe the exact number on a scale really doesnt mean much if i will be going through pregnancy soon :blushing:
  • jehavin
    Options
    5'5 and 175 lbs.

39-29-40.

Size 10.

5'5
    155 lbs
    37-28-38

Size 8

Oh, girlfriend, i SO hope that you are right! I feel like i've been struggling to come up with a goal weight because i've never been under 225 as an adult. I have no idea what i look like at a normal size. People are even telling me that i'm thin. That just blows my mind! But i do hope that i will have that moment! I think that i may be getting close as i'm pretty happy where i'm at now and can look in the mirror and smile. Not to mention that DH just sprung the fact on me that he would like to start TTC #3 soon so maybe the exact number on a scale really doesnt mean much if i will be going through pregnancy soon :blushing:

Make sure you take measurements/pics before you get pregnant, lol. But seriously, I know what you're talking about---I just had baby #4 and am at my lowest weight/measurements/clothing size ever. As long as a person learns how to be healthy and fit, it doesn't matter what life throws at you, you can maintain what you've worked for. Like you said, setting goals is good but realizing that achieving that goal is not the END is the important thing!
  • tessiebear40
    tessiebear40 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This has inspired me. I'm now 150.5lb and my measurements are

goal weight is 140lb so would love to get down to a 28" waist

I'm 5'6", when I started here I was:

142lb

And now I'm

136.75lb
  • marcon125
    marcon125 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize how far back this thread goes, but I can see even with the same height that ideal weight and measurements can vary quite a bit.

Here are my stats -

height 5'6"

CW: 136.9 lbs

36 - 30.5 - 39.5

With those measurements, you would think I'd look like a pear. But actually, I have somewhat broad shoulders which evens things out. Plus for the life of me, I cannot gain any weight in my arms and legs (think Olive Oyl from the Popeye cartoons, lol!) I'm lifting to hopefully change some of that.

My Ultimate goal would be to have a 28" waist. Honestly if my hip measurement didn't change too much, that wouldn't bother me at all. And I REALLY hope not to lose too much at the top. I am already on the low side of a B cup, lol
  • brookelester10
    brookelester10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 135 lbs.

My measurements are 34-26-34.

I started out at 144 and about a 28 inch waist. I still have a bit of a belly although my measurements sound pretty good. I want to lose another 10 lbs and at the very least another inch off my waist.
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5" 148 lbs

35/30/39

ETA I have wide hips and a big *kitten*. Makes a nice hour glass though except for the fact that I have no boobies. I will fix that!! Lol
  • sophiemama
    sophiemama Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6"

146 lbs

My measurments are 34, 29, 39
    I'd like my waist to be about a 26 or 27.
    I know my hip measurment will never be small :(
    I have naturally wide hips. And my 34 DD are the only
    Things that keep me from looking too small on top.
  • Schninie
    Schninie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    30 years young
    5'6" tall
    151.8lbs
    Bust 37.5"
    Stomach (biggest part) 34.5" (wasn't sure what part of waist to measure...)
    HIps (with my butt) 42"

GOAL:
    To be about 25 years old :)
    a little taller please, maybe an inch...
    Same for bust
    Stomach to be waaaaaay flatter
    Hips to come down in the 30's please!

haha
    Open to friend requests
    x
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.5 and a half (165.5cm)

20 years old
    138lbs
    Bust - 34 inch
    Waist - 27.5 inch
    Hips - 34 inch

Goals: Stomach flatter, waist to shrink.
  • frailforfall
    Options
    5'5''
    Weight: 144
    Bust- 34
    Waist- 27
    Hips- 37
    I usually wear a size 4. sometimes I have to go to a 6. I tend to wear smalls in tops
    My goal is 112-117lbs
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    5'7". Darn it, just missed the criterion!
  • Thinprettythings
    Options
    Im:
    5'7
    Bust: 34
    Waist: 28 1/2
    Hips: 35

:D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!