i work at a movie theatre..can work count as exercise?

Options
i got a new job at Rave Motion pictures and so far have only worked floor staff for one shift (i clean the theatres) and i was sweating for the 5 hours of my shift and the next day my back thighs and butt were sore and i dropped a pound n a half the next day. I got floor staff friday saturday and sunday and will be bust most of the day

so should i count work as working out? I am a college student and my body is adjusting to the change in active opposite me working out all summer 4-5 days a week. I havent been able to work out lately but am finding time at night sometimes after school. I am watching my calorie intake too.

the way things are going at work is that ima mostly work weekends....sooo should i still workout when i can before work or during the week or just go with the flow and count work as exercise?

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    No, but you can change your profile to reflect that you have a more active job now, and it will give you more calories to compensate.
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    The thing about that is your body may find it challenging at first but you will very quickly adjust. You still need to workout. You need to push your body for it to really change. You should be doing something that makes you sweat and pant so much you can hardly talk, a few times a week lol, and some strength training, and flexibility exercises also :) It is good that you are burning cals at work compared to sitting and doing nothing but I would not count it as your workout. :)
  • steffi1686
    steffi1686 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you change your fitness profile to active. Go to my home then settings. You can add in more exercise when you are ready and your body has adjusted maybe just exercise on the weekends for now. Try not to do too much too fast and aim for a sustainable lifestyle.
  • i got a new job at Rave Motion pictures and so far have only worked floor staff for one shift (i clean the theatres) and i was sweating for the 5 hours of my shift and the next day my back thighs and butt were sore and i dropped a pound n a half the next day. I got floor staff friday saturday and sunday and will be bust most of the day

so should i count work as working out? I am a college student and my body is adjusting to the change in active opposite me working out all summer 4-5 days a week. I havent been able to work out lately but am finding time at night sometimes after school. I am watching my calorie intake too.

the way things are going at work is that ima mostly work weekends....sooo should i still workout when i can before work or during the week or just go with the flow and count work as exercise?

Of course you can count work as exercise!! Even cleaning house qualifies as cardio .... The hardest part will be evaluating, but I'm sure it will work out! If you have a problem you can always message me, and I'll be happy to help. Either way don't let all that cardio exercise go to waste!! You definitely shouldn't stop exercise outside of work, but you can add it in your totals.

KIM
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    I used to work at a busy movie theatre also, for 6 years, I would not qualify it as cardio.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    No. Do not count work as exercise. You may be getting a work out but you need to figure it into your lifestyle instead.
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I work in a kennel 2 ten hour days a week and in a busy grocery store (including 3 hours of stocking shelves in the am) 4 days a week...I am often sweating at both jobs and they are difficult jobs. I don't count them in my exercise. I do have an 'active lifestyle' though which calculates my calorie needs. It's built in so that you don't have to figure out the minutes you doing this or that at work. I'd say don't list it as exercise, if for no other reason than you will be disappointed at slower results due to skewed data.