Weights for 30 Day Shred?

Options
I am on D9L1 of the 30 Day Shred and I have been using 5lb weights since the first day. Some days I struggle, but I think it will be worth it in the end. What size weights are typically used? The DVD didn't really tell me, I own 3s and 5s, so I went with the 5s.

**Edit: I use 5s, not 3s. Typo. Whoops.**

Replies

• BurningAway
    BurningAway Posts: 279
    Options
    Honestly i would stick with the 5lb then when your easily lifting those go to 10LB. :) they are using 5lb weights on the dvds.
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Good to know :) I think I will stick with my 5s then and invest in the 10s when I feel comfortable in doing so.
  • Jeffzlady
    Jeffzlady Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today was D1L1 for me. I used 3s because they were the only pair i could find at the time. I felt some exercises I could have used heavier. Think I will locate my 5s and use both.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I have a set of 2-3lb, 2-5lb, and 2-8lb. Some exercises I HAVE to use the 3-lb the first time, but then the repeat I use the 5-lb. Some of the exercises I can use the 8-lb no problem.
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I tend to switch between 5.5, 7.7, or 10 pounds some of the exercises are easier than others for me
  • floppybackend
    floppybackend Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The heaviest weight I have is only 1.5kg but for some exercises that enough. You are better concentrating on form and until you have greater fitness and strength.
  • MarianneC93
    MarianneC93 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I use tins of baked beans!! hahaha. What can I say, I'm a student :D
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I used 3 lbs. for most of it, but 5 lbs. for a couple of the exercises (when 3 lbs. felt too light). I tried 10 lbs. once, but I couldn't keep up when using them.